thefunk

2015 Michigan Wolverines Football

Anyone that believes that is fooling them self.

Why do you say that?

What benefit is there for the recruiter to say, 'there is no way you will get into our university without playing football'?

Well, I don't see it quite that way.

When it comes down to it, if you are taking in home visits, you aren't committed. That would be like going on a date with some chick and seeing how well you hit it off before breaking up with your girl. You aren't committed to your girl if you are doing that.

Everyone knew he was still taking visits, so setting an announcement to declare which school he was going with is fine with me.

Agree with this. If you're allowing Michigan coaches into your living room, you're not all that "committed" to Nebraska.

Try telling your wife you're still committed, but taking in-home visits to see what other women have to offer. Not going to go over well :cheeky:

Why do you say that?

What benefit is there for the recruiter to say, 'there is no way you will get into our university without playing football'?

I'm sorry, I guess the way I replied wasn't clear as to what I meant.

Anyone who believes Mattison walked into this kid's living room and told him he's lucky he can ball otherwise he'd have no shot at going to Michigan is crazy. That's what I meant.

I'm sorry, I guess the way I replied wasn't clear as to what I meant.

Anyone who believes Mattison walked into this kid's living room and told him he's lucky he can ball otherwise he'd have no shot at going to Michigan is crazy. That's what I meant.

Ahh. Agreed.

Bellomy will not be returning.

Instagram

With the transfer of these 3 or 4 5th year seniors, does that open up more scholarships for this years class? Not that he would be able to fill all of them probably but just wondering.

With the transfer of these 3 or 4 5th year seniors, does that open up more scholarships for this years class? Not that he would be able to fill all of them probably but just wondering.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Good question.

Pickard DE declared today... Syracuse.

I'm regurgitating what I've read on this, but the thinking is that Harbs was wanting to see what Smith would do first. Slow walking Pickard. Pickard declared. Oh well.

I think it does but I am not positive. I also think they can be used for any current non-scholarship player on the roster or banked. (This is mostly off the top of my head and could be wrong.)

^ well, I'd roll with Truth on this. I think he nailed Clark as Wishy-Washy. My words. But it appears to be correct.

I'm not sure how good Harbs is going to do with 2015 class in the short time he's been recruiting it, but this might be the most interesting couple of days we've had in a while.

It might start tonight, but tomorrow and Wednesday should be interesting.

I'm not sure how good Harbs is going to do with 2015 class in the short time he's been recruiting it, but this might be the most interesting couple of days we've had in a while.

It might start tonight, but tomorrow and Wednesday should be interesting.

I would be very happy with the CB from California and the LB from Georgia. And that's probably a lot of wishful thinking. What has been so odd is how many starts and stops there have been. A kid has a great visit and then commits to Syracuse, another says he's going to visit and hours later cancels and yet another commits and calls it off almost before his plane lands. I'm sure once the staff has a chance to develop relationships over months instead of weeks this will disappear..

We have Perry and probably Jefferson. I guess a Stanford grad transfer is coming to play DB. We look to be decent for RB Weber.

Imam Marshall and Chris Clark would make tomorrow incredible.

We have Perry and probably Jefferson. I guess a Stanford grad transfer is coming to play DB. We look to be decent for RB Weber.

Imam Marshall and Chris Clark would make tomorrow incredible.

Good news on Jefferson. Hope it's true.

Clark was supposed to announce at 8:30AM. Weber at 10AM. Marshall will announce at 4PM.

I stole that info from the MGB forums.

COMMITS

QB Zach Gentry (7 AM local time)

OL Grant Newsome (7 AM local time)

S Tyree Kinnel (8:30 AM local time)

OL Nolan Ulizio (7 AM local time)

K Andrew David (7 AM local time)

DE Reuben Jones (8:30 AM local time)

OL Jon Runyan Jr. (7 AM local time)

WR Grant Perry (7 AM local time)

TARGETS

RB Karan Higdon (8 AM)

CB Keith Washington (8:30)

TE Chris Clark (8:30)

RB Michael Weber (approx. 10 AM)

LB Roquan Smith (11 AM)

WR Van Jefferson (11 AM local)

DE Shelton Johnson (approx. 3 PM)

TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr. (3:30 PM)

CB Iman Marshall (4 PM)

CB Jarius Adams

Bummer on Clark. UCLA is a good school in a nice weather area.

The kids who have options between places like Stanford, Duke, Cal and UCLA and Michigan are probably going to be very strong as adult earners even without football if they keep their heads.

I don't blame a kid from Connecticut choosing Southern California over Michigan. Tough one to lose for Michigan. We could have really used that kid!

Clark was supposed to announce at 8:30AM. Weber at 10AM. Marshall will announce at 4PM.

I stole that info from the MGB forums.

I read MGB a lot too, or 247, Rivals and even Nick B at MLive. All good stuff.