thefunk

2015 Michigan Wolverines Football

Realistically, I'd like to get to a bowl game. That is my sad, pathetic hope. Long shot prayer is we are somehow playing for a big ten title berth in the last few weeks of the season.

Looking at the 2015 schedule:

Non-conference (3-1):

- they have a VERY tough opener in Utah (L)

- but three home non-conf games that they should be able to win (BYU, O State, UNLV).

It's not unreasonable to expect them to enter the B1G schedule with a 3-1 record.

B1G (4-4 or 5-3):

Home: Northwestern (W), MSU (L), Rutgers (W), OSU (L)

Away: Maryland (toss-up), Minnesota (L), Indiana (W), Penn State (W)

OVERALL: 7-5 or 8-4

So if they win the games that they "should" win, they start with 7 wins as a baseline. Beat Maryland at Maryland and they're 8-4 and headed for a mid-level bowl.

If they can be in a position to win on the road against Utah and Minnesota in the 4th quarter that would be great, but I'm not expecting wins there.

The home games against MSU and OSU will be very interesting, I don't expect wins, but I have a hard time imagining a Harbaugh-led team getting embarrassed at home against an arch-rival either.

Edited by sabretooth

the recruiting scene now roiling:

Recruits continue to react to Jim Harbaugh's Michigan move | MLive.com

Chris Clark, a five-star tight end who decommited from the program the day Hoke was fired, told MLive the Wolverines would instantly move toward the top of his list again if Harbaugh was hired.

2015 pledge Brian Cole -- Michigan's top prospect -- told Rivals.com that he's firm with Michigan again, and again plans on enrolling early next month. Five-star cornerback Iman Marshall told ESPN he'd like to visit Michigan now. Five-star 2015 defensive back Marcus Lewis told Rivals the same thing.

Even the son of hip-hop legend Snoop Dogg, four-star 2015 wideout Cordell Broadus, reportedly said he wants to take a trip to Ann Arbor now.

All of this happened before Harbaugh's first Michigan press conference

Looking at the 2015 schedule, they have a VERY tough opener in Utah...but three home non-conf games that they should be able to win. It's not unreasonable to expect them to enter the B1G schedule with a 3-1 record.

B1G:

Home: Northwestern (W), MSU (L), Rutgers (W), OSU (L) 2-2

Away: Maryland (toss), Minnesota (L), Indiana (W), Penn State (W)

So if they win the games that they "should" win, they start with 7 wins as a baseline. Beat Maryland at Maryland and they're 8-4 and headed for a mid-level bowl.

If they can be in a position to win on the road against Utah and Minnesota in the 4th quarter that would be great, but I'm not expecting wins there.

The home games against MSU and OSU will be very interesting, I don't expect wins, but I have a hard time imagining a Harbaugh-led team getting embarrassed at home against an arch-rival either.

Hey, if a Brady Hoke-led team can get up for OSU two years in a row (one of which being in Columbus), then there's no reason a Harbaugh-led team can't "shock the world" when they meet this year. I don't expect a win, but it's certainly possible.

The super silver, uber optimistic lining here is that we have recruited well for awhile. I know everyone's sort of saying it, but if Jim likes what he sees and gets a nice last minute class here in 2015, rebuilding may not be painful so much as it would be fun. That's my hope.

We are going to win 10 games. Minimum.

This would be a great season. It would require winning all of the 8 winnable games + upsetting 2 of the 4 toughies (OSU, MSU, @Utah, @Minnesota). I give 10 wins maybe a 1 in 5 chance.

I'm gonna need to see more from Minnesota to declare that game a loss already. I'm thinking 8-4 or 9-3 is pretty realistic, assuming they find a QB.

I'm gonna need to see more from Minnesota to declare that game a loss already. I'm thinking 8-4 or 9-3 is pretty realistic, assuming they find a QB.

Minnesota was a pretty strong team at home in 2014, going 6-1 with their only loss at the hands of OSU, 31-24. OTOH, Northwestern and Purdue played them pretty competitively at Minnesota, so we'll see.

Of the four "toughies" Minnesota is the most gettable game...and by the time the game is played, Minnesota may not even be favored.

The other three would be major upsets IMHO (Utah, MSU, OSU). Beating any of these teams would certainly be a huge statement. Beating two of them would be incredible.

I hope the kids on the team are ready for Winter conditioning. He referred to it several times. He was asked about the rivalries and how this or how that and he answered with Winter conditioning couple different times. It's going to be tough.

I remember hearing about him at San Diego and he had his players running the hill by the stadium and then he ran too. Apparently he threw up on himself but kept running.

I also like the I want to win in practice' line.

Basically it seems he is saying to compete for b10 titles or National titles, it starts with Winter conditioning.

Hope these guys are shape, but if not, they will be. lol

I hope the kids on the team are ready for Winter conditioning. He referred to it several times. He was asked about the rivalries and how this or how that and he answered with Winter conditioning couple different times. It's going to be tough.

I remember hearing about him at San Diego and he had his players running the hill by the stadium and then he ran too. Apparently he threw up on himself but kept running.

I also like the I want to win in practice' line.

Basically it seems he is saying to compete for b10 titles or National titles, it starts with Winter conditioning.

Hope these guys are shape, but if not, they will be. lol

"We'll see what their intentions are." Love that.

9 wins in 2015 and a top 10 team by 2017 and every season after that. I'd expect a top 3 recruiting class next year.

Harbaugh's coaching staff should be lights out based on his track record. Hoke's position coaches had really weak resumes and that was disappointing and alarming right off the bat.

8 wins in 2015 and the highest rated recruiting class UM has possibly ever had are realistic expectations. Harbaugh should be able to recruit amongst the likes of Alabama and Ohio State right out of the gate.

Sounds like the new offensive coordinator will be Tim Drevno. He was Harbaugh's coordinator at San Diego, was a TE and OL coach at Stanford, the OL coach for the 49ers, and then the USC OL coach last year.

Chuma Edoga is a 4 star OL commit to USC. I'm sure Drevno was instrumental in bringing him in.

I'm wondering if he won't give UofM a second look now.

As for Drevno, I really don't know much about him but I have no problem with whomever Harbaugh hires, especially OC. I'm sure JH will be involved in the OC duties. Although he is a great delegator from what I've read.

Also, sounds like decommit TE Clark talked to JH and Clark really liked the guy. Its between UCLA and UofM according to Nick B on MLive. Sounds like Clark is going to visit in mid January.

Great news.

Harbaugh is working his tail off, but did anyone expect anything else?