kgeorge78

Stafford .... Would you trade him for ???

Harvin had one catch for 17 yards last year. He only played one game.

Go back to when they were both on the roster.

Go back to when they were both on the roster.

What difference does that make? When Tate was the number one with Stafford throwing him the ball, he was significant better than when he was the number one in Seattle. Tate also hasn't been the number one in Detroit all year.

By the way, Harvin was in Minnesota before last year so he was never the number one in Seattle with Tate.

Now I have to go look it up. Was going off the top. Shouldn't have done that. But I stick by my claim that Tate was not the number in Seattle.

Now I have to go look it up. Was going off the top. Shouldn't have done that. But I stick by my claim that Tate was not the number in Seattle.

Even though he led Seattle in catches and receiving yards?

Tate was definitely the number one in Seattle. Most yards, most targets, most TDs, most catches. Harvin had a cup of coffee in Seattle before they booted him.

Tate wasn't the number 1 in Seattle. And Stafford doesn't make him better, Tate makes Stafford better. Tate's history was that he never drops passes before he got here. Who on the offense do you think Stafford has made better than they are?

Tate wasn't the number 1 in Seattle. And Stafford doesn't make him better, Tate makes Stafford better. Tate's history was that he never drops passes before he got here. Who on the offense do you think Stafford has made better than they are?

That's how I remembered it. They let him walk. But I'll look it up.

Calvin Johnson is better than he was before Stafford. Of course you will find a way to discredit it so there is no point.

Calvin Johnson makes Staffy a better player more than Staffy making CJ better. CJ routinely went after balls making crazy great catches on balls that were not thrown well.

Calvin Johnson is better than he was before Stafford. Of course you will find a way to discredit it so there is no point.

Yeah, just imagine if the refs weren't conspiring against the Lions...whew.

So do you guys think that this is what Stafford will be or do you think that he will eventually get better or even become elite? It's only the end of year 6.

I think he's about hit his ceiling. Until he can put some touch on the ball on short passes, he won't get a lot better IMO.

I think he is like a Cutler. Maybe a Romo or Flacco. The stars might align perfectly and we'd win 1 but I can't see him being a consistent winner.

Can you teach accuracy?

Not IMO, you can't.

And with CJ aging, CJ won't be able to go get those balls that Staffy just had to throw to an area and CJ would go get.

And I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Staffy goes out Sunday and has a career day. It's just that the following week he might lay an egg.

Yes, absolutely. Stafford is a kid (I'm 44, I'll admit it) with a big arm and flashes of brilliance...but despite some accuracy issues he's still an above average QB with a higher ceiling...probably won't become an "elite" QB but he could be in the next tier, certainly good enough to help the Lions win a majority of their games (if the rest of the roster is up to par) and certainly good enough to win playoff games and a SB.

Giving up on Stafford would be an enormous mistake.

I agree. This team has way too many other needs. To start all over with a rookie QB would be admitting defeat. Stafford is still a young talent and there are more teams that would want him than not. Enough said....