kgeorge78

Stafford .... Would you trade him for ???

I made this list 5 years ago.....

After 5 years there are now only 3 QB I would trade stafford for.

Wilson

Rogers

Mahomes

Maybe Watson ... maybe.... Wentz?  Brees, Big Ben, Brady too old.   Goff sucks.   Non of the young QB have proven anything. 

And I actually would only trade him for Wilson because I hate rogers and Mahomes so much!

I love stafford.  My son loves stafford.  My family and friends love stafford. 

The more you watch the NFL the more you realize when you have a good QB you keep them.

12 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I wouldn't trade him for Rodgers given Aaron's age.

If we trade for Rodgers do we also have the pick up the refs contacts as well?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RedRamage said:

If we trade for Rodgers do we also have the pick up the refs contacts as well?

Good point. 🤔

Rodgers has had 7 defensive pass interferences called for him..... Stafford has had 1.  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Rodgers has had 7 defensive pass interferences called for him..... Stafford has had 1.  

Doesn't take a genius to see such obvious bias. Or even...  a rocket scientist

If the Lions trade Stafford I think I am done watching Lions football for the foreseeable future.  I am hanging on by a thread watching the team every Sunday mainly because I still enjoy the sport (but that is waning BIGTIME because of the refs/lawyer like calls) having a good QB with experience to lead the team is all that is keeping me watching.  

I do not think he is a top 5 QB in the league, but he is good and good enough and better than what we would find in the draft...I am not waiting another 2-4 years for a new QB to "learn the system" or "jell with the WR's" etc.

What team would even be there that is just a QB away from being in contention that would or can give up multiple picks? Chicago? Unlikely he would get traded in the division. New England if Brady retires? Is a rebuilding team going to give up multiple first round picks for Stafford? I don't see a fit on the trade market unless we trade him for less than he's worth.

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What team would even be there that is just a QB away from being in contention that would or can give up multiple picks? Chicago? Unlikely he would get traded in the division. New England if Brady retires? Is a rebuilding team going to give up multiple first round picks for Stafford? I don't see a fit on the trade market unless we trade him for less than he's worth.

Buffalo. Put him on Buffalo and that team is an instant contender.

Not saying that I want the Lions to trade Stafford but I'd love to see him play for a contender one day. He deserves better than the Lions.