kgeorge78

Stafford .... Would you trade him for ???

451 posts in this topic

So Joey Harrington = Barry Sanders. Neither will win the Super Bowl. Got it.

Barry can say that he won exactly one playoff game and that is something that a lot of past Lions can't say.

Would you guys trade Stafford for the first overall pick, which could be Marcus Mariota?

See what happens when a fan gives a critique of their golden boy?

So thin skinned. DON'T TALK ABOUT STAFFY!

You guys crack me up.

It's not that you critiqued him, Captain Victim. It's that you compared him to Joey Harrington. It was dumb and you're trying to deflect that onto everyone else.

Would you guys trade Stafford for the first overall pick, which could be Marcus Mariota?

OMG Yes. I would so fast. Just for the pick. Even if it wasn't Marcus.

No but this would be a more apt Joey Harrington comparison.

It's not that you critiqued him, Captain Victim. It's that you compared him to Joey Harrington. It was dumb and you're trying to deflect that onto everyone else.

They compare cuz we will win with neither, IMO.

So reply to the rest of my post then.

They compare cuz we will win with neither, IMO.

But they have won a lot more with Stafford then Harrington. Even your flawed win/loss evaluation is wrong.

You can be happy with 'winning more' I want to win the Super Bowl and don't feel Staffy or Joey would do it.

No but this would be a more apt Joey Harrington comparison.

What do you mean? You don't think Mariota is going to do much in the NFL? I have heard comparisons to Aaron Rodgers when analysts talk about Mariota.

What do you mean? You don't think Mariota is going to do much in the NFL? I have heard comparisons to Aaron Rodgers when analysts talk about Mariota.

I haven't read any scouting reports since the beginning of the year. People didn't seem too high on him back then. Plus the Oregon connection.

It took a while for lions faithful to accept how bad Joey was. There were a couple of us who saw it early and questioned him and many mocked us. Joking a little there. But they said we weren't true fans etc. the same things said to me a couple years ago when I questioned Staffy.

I just don't think Staffy has it.

I look at so many plays that are wasted by him too. Even the sack by Mathews yesterday. Mathews was coming at him and Stafford clearly saw him but did nothing to avoid the sack or didn't throw it away.

Peeps say that every time he throws it away it was a good play. NO IT WASN'T. Sometimes, yes but he has ZERO pocket presence. He runs away at the slightest bit of pressure although he has gotten better there.

I think it's telling that he had a couple good games against Bucs and Bears but couldn't do it against good teams.

I think the best scenario is that we go to the playoffs every couple of years and then digress as a team. Not all his fault but elite qbs overcome bumps in the road. stafford can't.

Hope I'm wrong.

When you compare "Staffy" to Joey Harrington you have lost all credibility.

Stafford is still only 26. Way to early to give up on him. You say he isn't "elite" well not many players are, hence the name elite. He's got to improve and I believe he will. And even with his issues, you couldn't list more than 6 or 7 qb's you'd rather have. Sounds like your naïve as a fan or just have impossible expectations for a QB.

Or you're just trolling looking for a response. I hope that's it.

I wasnt knocking Stafford. I actually love him. As frustrating as he is to watch.

20+ NFL teams trade qbs with the lions; Im playing Madden Right now and Staffords throws are all over the fricken play. I swear this game is so accurate.

You can be happy with 'winning more' I want to win the Super Bowl and don't feel Staffy or Joey would do it.

Neither did Dan Marino. Dolphins should have traded the bum for a draft pick.

Peyton Manning at age 26 threw for 4200 yards, 27 TD, 19 INT, and a 66.3 completion percentage. He was 0-3 in the playoffs.

So I was bored at working thinking about how pissed I was about Suh and how crappy Stafford is. But Realistically there aren't that many QBs I would trade Stafford for... Money Aside.

Really not the golden age for QBs.

I guess we need to accept what we have.

Only 7 Obvious yeses and a few maybes.......

Palmer - (If healthy, obviously) Yes

Matt Ryan - Yes

Flacco - Yes (Borderline)

Orton - No

Newton - Yes

Cutler - No

Dalton - No

Shaw - No

Romo - Yes

Peyton Manning - Yes

Rodgers - Yes

Keenum - No

Luck - Yes

Bortles - No

Smith - No

Tannehill - No

Bridgewater - Possibly (No if tomorrow, yes to build around for the future)

Brady - Yes

Brees - Yes

Manning Eli - No

Smith - No

Carr - Possibly (Same as Bridgewater)

Sanchez - No

Big Ben - Yes

Rivers - Yes

Kapernick - Yes

Russell Wilson - Yes

Hill - No

McCown - No

Whitehurst - No

McCoy - No

My list has 13 obvious "yes" and three toss ups. You really would need to qualify what you mean by trade, my list would change considerably taking age into account.

Not comparing numbers of Joey Happy Feet Harrington and Matty STATSford but the eventual outcome. Staffy is god awful at times. The Lions will keep him way WAY longer than they should cuz Maypoo drafted him. But my prediction on Staffypoo is the same as what happened Happy Feet Harrington. Same same

yes take age into account. I took no for manning and brees as they are both toast. Yes for Brady because he is God and can play until he is 45.

palmer is a no no matter what.

I honestly think Stafford "can" win a QB. He has it. He can be clutch. Right now he also sucks. But I think we keep him around and improve the OL next year. Calvin might have one or two good years left. Tate is a #2. I think Ebron might actually be good.

Man this team is a mess. Suh, Fairly Gone = **** D again.

Not comparing numbers of Joey Happy Feet Harrington and Matty STATSford but the eventual outcome. Staffy is god awful at times. The Lions will keep him way WAY longer than they should cuz Maypoo drafted him. But my prediction on Staffypoo is the same as what happened Happy Feet Harrington. Same same

They will keep Stafford because, over the next 3-5 years, he's probably going to be better than the majority of other QB's out there.

You keep calling people childish names. I'm just curious, how old are you? Not that it matters, just wondering. It makes it really hard to take anything you say seriously.

They will keep Stafford because, over the next 3-5 years, he's probably going to be better than the majority of other QB's out there.

You keep calling people childish names. I'm just curious, how old are you? Not that it matters, just wondering. It makes it really hard to take anything you say seriously.

At least I don't call other posters names as you have done.

I'm a fan and can call players goofy names. If that is against the rules, I'm sure ill be told so by moderators.

And as far as my age, none of your damn business.

That's about what I expected.

Of course you can call them what you want. I'm just letting you know it's hard to take you seriously when you resort to that.

When does that happen? When does he suddenly become this great QB? He's not a bad QB, he's just incredibly average and incredibly average shouldn't be making 53 million bucks over 3 years. Yes, the O-Line was bad this year, but he missed too many open receivers when he had plenty of time too. I gotta stop blaming everyone else but Matthew. He is what he is - he will not be getting better. I think his stats are even inflated because of 81. Don't know who I would replace him with, but there have got to be other options than 3/53. 0-16 vs. Playoff teams on the road. Even if you forgive the first two years, that is not good enough for his money and money should be a major factor in evaluating a QB. The money we spend on him can be spent on other much-needed players. Give me an average QB that doesn't turn the ball over and I'm fine.........as long as he's paid like an average QB.

That's about what I expected.

Of course you can call them what you want. I'm just letting you know it's hard to take you seriously when you resort to that.

That's fine I'm having a hard time taking you seriously also.

When does that happen? When does he suddenly become this great QB?...

TBF, he did cut his interception rate by a third this season - it's now in a more normal range. So he has shown he can improve his decision making - which is what you would expect he can improve. His throwing is another matter. To me it's harder to see how he will ever turn into a different thrower in terms of accuracy at 27. The critique that the Lions are overpaying him is absolutely fair, but the Lions have overpaid a lot of players they shouldn't have. Can't blame Matthew for taking the money.