kgeorge78

Stafford .... Would you trade him for ???

2 years later I'm going to bump this thread...

Originally I believed I would swap stafford for 7 or so other QB in the league...

My list is down to maybe 3 now... He has been great.

Bradford is just tragically underrated due to the absurd circumstances that have surrounded his career. He's got every bit of talent a Matt Ryan does.

If he doesn't go back to Oklahoma for his senior season Bradford very well could have been our pick over Stafford. 

• Like 2

stafford is much better than sam bradford.

bradford is a glorified backup qb.  he's joey harrington.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

stafford is much better than sam bradford.

bradford is a glorified backup qb.  he's joey harrington.

Joey Harrington never had a 99 QB rating, 71% completion percentage, or a 20/5 TD to INT ratio. 

23 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

If he doesn't go back to Oklahoma for his senior season Bradford very well could have been our pick over Stafford. 

That could also mean Suh gets drafted by St Louis the next season provided the draft order stays the same. That likely means we draft McCoy which wouldn't be that bad. 

13 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Joey Harrington never had a 99 QB rating, 71% completion percentage, or a 20/5 TD to INT ratio. 

joey and sam love the five yard check down.

FO said it best when the vikings gave up a #1 pick for him: sam bradford is shaun hill.

joey and sam love the five yard check down.

FO said it best when the vikings gave up a #1 pick for him: sam bradford is shaun hill.

The Vikings line was also terrible and they had no running game. He had to work with what he had. Comparing him to Joey Harrington is a little ridiculous. 

sam bradford: last in the nfl with 9.8 yards per completion.

check down check down check down.

and i know the vikings had a horrendous oline last year, but bradford has been this kind of qb every year he's been in the league.  short dumpoffs that the defense is giving you.  nothing downfield.

he's a higher paid, slightly better brian hoyer.

so  you're saying his high long ball rating is because he basically doesn't go downfield unless the DBs have fallen down?

the charts say he went downfield 100 times compared to Staffords 141 and the Lions are not exactly an over the top team, so yeah maybe part of it

20 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

so  you're saying his high long ball rating is because he basically doesn't go downfield unless the DBs have fallen down?

the charts say he went downfield 100 times compared to Staffords 141 and the Lions are not exactly an over the top team, so yeah maybe part of it

but we know stafford can throw downfield a ton because he's done it in multiple seasons ans been good at it too.  bradford has always been dink and dunk.  he was in college too.  its his m.o.  short passing accuracy.

if thats what you want then he's great i guess.  but there are lots of qbs who can do that now.

look at his FO ranks, i dont think its any coincidence he ranked right next to brian hoyer.  he is brian hoyer.  dink dunk dink dunk, nothing too aggressive.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 11:02 AM, Buddha said:

Amongst the league leaders in deep ball comp% though and he didn't have an inordinantly low amount of attempts. His comp% overall is juiced, but he's a damn good QB talent.

Stafford was tied for 8th in the tier rankings this year, tier 2.

Kaepernick was ahead of 8 potential starters for those who care about that.