kgeorge78

Stafford .... Would you trade him for ???

466 posts in this topic

So I was bored at working thinking about how pissed I was about Suh and how crappy Stafford is. But Realistically there aren't that many QBs I would trade Stafford for... Money Aside.

Palmer - No

Matt Ryan - No

Flacco - Yes

Orton - No

Newton - Maybe

Cutler - No

Dalton - No

Shaw - No

Romo - Maybe

Manning - No

Rodgers - Yes

Keenum - no

Luck - Yes

Bortles - No

Smith - No

Tannehill - No

Bridgewater - No

Brady - yes

Brees - no

Manning Eli - No

Smith - No

Carr - Yes

Sanchez - No

Big Ben - Yes

Rivers - No

Kapernick - No

Russell Wilson - Yes

Hill - No

Mccown - no

Whitehurst - no

Mccoy - No

Really not the golden age for QBs.

I guess we need to accept what we have.

Only 7 Obvious yeses and a few maybes.......

I don't think Russell Wilson is a definite yes. He's in a good situation in Seattle. He was only asked to throw the ball 452 times.

I'm also surprised at a yes to Derek Carr. He has been underrated but I'm not sure I would be willing to go there yet.

So I was bored at working thinking about how pissed I was about Suh and how crappy Stafford is. But Realistically there aren't that many QBs I would trade Stafford for... Money Aside.

Palmer - No

Matt Ryan - No

Flacco - Yes

Orton - No

Newton - Maybe

Cutler - No

Dalton - No

Shaw - No

Romo - Maybe

Manning - No

Rodgers - Yes

Keenum - no

Luck - Yes

Bortles - No

Smith - No

Tannehill - No

Bridgewater - No

Brady - yes

Brees - no

Manning Eli - No

Smith - No

Carr - Yes

Sanchez - No

Big Ben - Yes

Rivers - No

Kapernick - No

Russell Wilson - Yes

Hill - No

Mccown - no

Whitehurst - no

Mccoy - No

Really not the golden age for QBs.

I guess we need to accept what we have.

Only 7 Obvious yeses and a few maybes.......

Most I agree with you on. But carr? really?

Derek Carr had a pretty solid rookie season without a whole lot of help especially at receiver. It's not outlandish.

I'll only take issue with a yes for Brady, but no on Manning and Brees? Seems inconsistent. Matt Ryan is probably a yes too.

Edited by tigerkid23

I'm not going to look up contract numbers on the qbs you listed but if we could just get rid of his contract and draft a qb, I'd be happy.

I would give him one more year first though. If he is the SOS same ol Stafford then just let him go.

He's the second coming of Joey Harrington IMO.

I'm not going to look up contract numbers on the qbs you listed but if we could just get rid of his contract and draft a qb, I'd be happy.

I would give him one more year first though. If he is the SOS same ol Stafford then just let him go.

Stafford's contract isn't that bad when you consider the going rate for QBs these days. He's in line with Carson Palmer, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, and Andy Dalton from an AAV standpoint. That's just the cost of doing business at the QB position.

Yeeoowch! Dude that's harsh. Wouldn't want to be your enemy

Clearly you never watched Joey play, or you couldn't even attempt to make that comparison. My god.

That's a bit much. Joey Sunshine was a bust. Stafford is not great, but he's at least average. His problem is inconsistency. He'll look like Brett Favre one drive and Andre Ware the next.

Stafford could not throw another pass and be multitudes better than Harrington. Stafford is quite possibly the best QB Detroit has had since Bobby Layne. That's more of an indictment on the Lions though.

It took a while for lions faithful to accept how bad Joey was. There were a couple of us who saw it early and questioned him and many mocked us. Joking a little there. But they said we weren't true fans etc. the same things said to me a couple years ago when I questioned Staffy.

I just don't think Staffy has it.

I look at so many plays that are wasted by him too. Even the sack by Mathews yesterday. Mathews was coming at him and Stafford clearly saw him but did nothing to avoid the sack or didn't throw it away.

Peeps say that every time he throws it away it was a good play. NO IT WASN'T. Sometimes, yes but he has ZERO pocket presence. He runs away at the slightest bit of pressure although he has gotten better there.

I think it's telling that he had a couple good games against Bucs and Bears but couldn't do it against good teams.

I think the best scenario is that we go to the playoffs every couple of years and then digress as a team. Not all his fault but elite qbs overcome bumps in the road. stafford can't.

Hope I'm wrong.

Derek Carr had a pretty solid rookie season without a whole lot of help especially at receiver. It's not outlandish.

Carr: 58.1 completion percentage, 21 TD, 12 INTS

Is that really that good? I mean enough where we are saying a rookie season is plenty to say you are taking him over Stafford?

Carr: 58.1 completion percentage, 21 TD, 12 INTS

Is that really that good? I mean enough where we are saying a rookie season is plenty to say you are taking him over Stafford?

To do that as a rookie when your top receivers are James Jones and Andre Holmes and you have no rushing threat outside of a few good games by Latavius Murray...that's pretty solid. Those are pretty similar numbers to what Stafford put up this season (60.3 completion percentage, 22 TDs, 12 INTs) and significantly better than the numbers Stafford put up his rookie season (53.3% completion percentage, 13 TDs, 20 INTs) though he was admittedly two years younger than Carr was as a rookie. I don't know if I'm taking him over Stafford, but it's not outlandish.

Edited by tigerkid23

It took a while for lions faithful to accept how bad Joey was. There were a couple of us who saw it early and questioned him and many mocked us. Joking a little there. But they said we weren't true fans etc. the same things said to me a couple years ago when I questioned Staffy.

I just don't think Staffy has it.

I look at so many plays that are wasted by him too. Even the sack by Mathews yesterday. Mathews was coming at him and Stafford clearly saw him but did nothing to avoid the sack or didn't throw it away.

Peeps say that every time he throws it away it was a good play. NO IT WASN'T. Sometimes, yes but he has ZERO pocket presence. He runs away at the slightest bit of pressure although he has gotten better there.

I think it's telling that he had a couple good games against Bucs and Bears but couldn't do it against good teams.

I think the best scenario is that we go to the playoffs every couple of years and then digress as a team. Not all his fault but elite qbs overcome bumps in the road. stafford can't.

Hope I'm wrong.

Harrington and Stafford aren't even close. Stafford threw almost as many touchdowns in 2011 as Harrington did in his entire Lions career.

Harrington and Stafford aren't even close. Stafford threw almost as many touchdowns in 2011 as Harrington did in his entire Lions career.

We won't win with either IMO. So same same.

Harrington never got close to the playoffs. Stafford has been there twice.

I still don't get why in such a team oriented game that QB's are evaluated so much on wins and losses.

So Joey Harrington = Barry Sanders. Neither will win the Super Bowl. Got it.

Harrington never got close to the playoffs. Stafford has been there twice.

I still don't get why in such a team oriented game that QB's are evaluated so much on wins and losses.

Mainly because they get the ball every play and generally have chance to make it a positive play or negative play.

But as the owner of the Jets said today after firing Rex and Idzik, " we are in the winning business".

Wow

I told everyone after the 91 NFC Championship game that the Lions weren't going anywhere with Barry and nobody listened.

See what happens when a fan gives a critique of their golden boy?

So thin skinned. DON'T TALK ABOUT STAFFY!

You guys crack me up.

See what happens when a fan gives a critique of their golden boy?

So thin skinned. DON'T TALK ABOUT STAFFY!

You guys crack me up.

Your critique is ridiculous and wrong. That's the problem.