Shinma

12/28/14 Lions at Packers

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: Lions DT Ndamukong Suh is suspended 1 game for stomping incident vs GB. Suh will appeal.

So there is the proof. There is a Tim Donaghy in the ranks in the NFL. Clear bias against the Lions.

I have no idea what I did here, so rather than make it worse, I'm just gonna leave it for someone who knows what they are doing to fix it. I've posted in the Managers forum for help. Sorry guys.

EDIT: Never mind. I just changed the title of this thread. Use the other Suh suspension thread for discussion of that topic.

Carry on, lol!

There is no justification for a one game suspension. The league is just doing it to jab the Lions now. Two weeks in a row.

When will the next Donaghy go to prison?

Sooooo disappointed in this team. First Dom and now Suh. Suspended for the 2 most important games of the year.

So sick of these guys. If we get beat playing our best, so be it. But we played like crap yesterday. Dom suspended. And now Suh. Just ridiculous.

And to all the Schwartz haters that blamed him for lack of discipline and how great Caldwell is regarding discipline, what say you?

For stepping on a player...lol this league can go to hell. I will be happy in a few years when the kids are older and I can just stop watching this farce of a league altogether...I am sure it will be liberating.

Sooooo disappointed in this team. First Dom and now Suh. Suspended for the 2 most important games of the year.

So sick of these guys. If we get beat playing our best, so be it. But we played like crap yesterday. Dom suspended. And now Suh. Just ridiculous.

And to all the Schwartz haters that blamed him for lack of discipline and how great Caldwell is regarding discipline, what say you?

Dom has been who he is for his entire career, he can't jump in a lake. Caldwell probably feels the same. Suh is the best DT in the league and just got boned by the league.

If you can't see the clear cheating going on...

Is anyone really surprised he got suspended? That's how the league is, but, it's nothing new. Instead of blaming the league, blame Suh.

Can't wait for the excuses next week on why we lose. "If we had Suh we would have won...."

This is all Suh's fault that he got suspended. Completely careless activity.

Why even step on the guy? Especially Rodgers. NFLs golden child. Why put yourself and your team in a position where you can be suspended?

He was coming off a block, never looked back, never looked down.

If he only stepped on him once, I'd agree. He knew what he was doing the second time. Suh earned this suspension by his clear cheating during the game.

The thing is, the league doesn't need to hurt the lions for the lions to fail. It's not like the lions are some unbeatable team that everybody hates. The league doesn't need to 'cheat' to get the lions out of the playoffs. The lions are capable of shooting themselves in the foot, that's one thing they've proven year after year.

To blame the refs and/or league is to excuse Suh of his stupidity.

My take on the video:

The lineman is hooking the top of suh's jersey through the neck hole. Suh is backing away from the lineman, who is tugging in the opposite direction. The first glancing step on the ankle happens while his jersey is still being held. Then, the guy lets go, and at this instant suh stumbles further backward and his foot lands on rodgers's calf. Suh became off balance right as his foot contacted the calf.

This looks completely accidental.

I don't think Suh stepped on Rogers deliberately. I don't think he set out to do that, but it just so happened the situation presented the opportunity. I think he did nothing to try to get off of Rogers. Cleats hurt, it was Suh, and it's Aaron Rogers. Can't do it.You know you're standing on someone. If it's not grass, it's either the football, or someone else your stepping on. Maybe if he had made some kind of intention to get off of Rogers there wouldn't have been a suspension, but there clearly wasn't.

But that's ok Lions apologists. Keep defending this garbage. That's right. It's not their fault. It's everybody else's fault.

.......But that's ok Lions apologists. Keep defending this garbage. That's right. It's not their fault. It's everybody else's fault.

I mostly blame Rodgers because he acted like his injury was worse that it really was. Suh was disgusted at him for being a faker.

QBs are protected, and QBs use it to their advantage. Stafford did earlier in the game. "He touched me he touched me".

But, I'm sure it hurt. Suh wasn't exactly wearing tennis shoes.