Kamakzie

Breaking News: Suh suspended

I dunno, I find it hard to believe that Raiola gets 1 game for a stomp that was clearly intentional, and Suh gets the same penalty for a step that wasn't clearly intentional.

I don't see how those penalties are proportional.

Lions rally, Stafford goes bananas, Calvin does what he always does against the Cowboys, Ansah introduces himself to the country and helps Romo go Romo, Slay pick 6...Lions 38 Cowboys 17

I dunno, I find it hard to believe that Raiola gets 1 game for a stomp that was clearly intentional, and Suh gets the same penalty for a step that wasn't clearly intentional.

I don't see how those penalties are proportional.

I do not believe after watching a replay that the step was not intentional. Also keep in mind this isn't the first time Suh has spiked a Packer.

Too many instances of Suh's bad past deeds bites him in the ***. No benefit of the doubt. Time to let him walk. Stafford needs to get it figured out as well. Otherwise cap penalty or not something needs to be done.

How does Stafford come into this? Stafford's issues aside, many teams in the league would want him as their QB. Or do you want a guy like Kyle Orton running things? Give me a break.

Fair or not Suh is going to pay the price for his past idiotic actions when he does something

It's just idiotic for him to put himself in a position where he could get suspended, I think losing him as free agency would pretty much ruin the Lions defense, so I guess we'll get a good preview of that vs Murray

If a bully can't beat up someone through conventional means, they'll take a different route. Tyson did it to Holyfield. Suh figures a way to do while playing an NFL game as well.

If a guy is a bully and a jerk.

How does Stafford come into this? Stafford's issues aside, many teams in the league would want him as their QB. Or do you want a guy like Kyle Orton running things? Give me a break.

I was just venting as a whole. So I guess we can keep Stafford till he retires.

Why do peeps pick some tool of a QB when peeps criticize Staffy?

I am shocked that the NFL didn't suspend Rodgers for making his injury look like he was dying.

Someone brought up Kyle Orton in response of a well-deserved crack at Matthew Stafford.

Orton had 18 TD and 10 int. Completed 64.2% of his passes

Stafford had 22 TD and 12 int. Completed 60.3% of his passes (only the 2nd time in 6 years he was over 60%)

Orton made less than 5 million this year

Stafford made more than 15 million.

Is Stafford worth the money he's paid? No, he is not. The offense is not good. They built it for him. When you spend that much money and invest that much around him, he has to be better than he is. Not saying he's bad, but he's just not worth the money.

Suh is not going to win a best actor award. What a jerk

He probably didn't want to get hurt before going on the market so he found a way out of risking it in the next game. New York Jets here we come.

Maybe I'm completely mad, but id consider paying whatever the fee is to retain Fairley. Might be something like 8-9m but I could be wrong on that. That way we at least retain 3 quarters of our current starting D line front four. We could then draft DT first up or spend the spare money not going on Suh on a decent free agent ( is there anyone up this year ? )

I just think it would be shame to be losing a full half of this D line in one fell swoop. If we could keep Fairley and get a reasonable Suh replacement that line wouldnt be looking too bad next year

Sanchez will be a free agent. Haha

Someone brought up Kyle Orton in response of a well-deserved crack at Matthew Stafford.

Stafford had 22 TD and 12 int. Completed 60.3% of his passes (only the 2nd time in 6 years he was over 60%)

Is Stafford worth the money he's paid? No, he is not. The offense is not good. They built it for him. When you spend that much money and invest that much around him, he has to be better than he is. Not saying he's bad, but he's just not worth the money.

Interesting stats.

How many more weapons do they need to provide Stafford for the offense to become good to great? The offense looked questionable in most every game this year, even the blowouts until they got going later in the games. There's not exactly a great confidence level in the offense to get it done, not even in the games against bad opponents.

I mean, if the Lions provide every possible weapon they can and Stafford finally succeeds because he's 'serviceable', I'm good with that. But he's really hurting this team with regard to the cap getting paid what he does, and not being good enough.

Never going to have a perfect team, but Stafford is paid to make everybody around him better, not the other way around.

Interesting stats.

How many more weapons do they need to provide Stafford for the offense to become good to great? The offense looked questionable in most every game this year, even the blowouts until they got going later in the games. There's not exactly a great confidence level in the offense to get it done, not even in the games against bad opponents.

I mean, if the Lions provide every possible weapon they can and Stafford finally succeeds because he's 'serviceable', I'm good with that. But he's really hurting this team with regard to the cap getting paid what he does, and not being good enough.

Never going to have a perfect team, but Stafford is paid to make everybody around him better, not the other way around.

An offensive line for starters.

Great post

Interesting stats.

How many more weapons do they need to provide Stafford for the offense to become good to great? ....

If you protect a 2nd tier QB really well, with the extra time to work and reduced distraction of avoiding the rush, some of them will be able to play like a top tier one.. Thing is, it will all fall apart for these guys any time they face a front 7 better than their line.

The other thing is, other than the meaningless 2nd to last play, Stafford was only sacked once yesterday.

An offensive line for starters.

Stafford had a really good oline last year and he turned the ball over a ton.

i think stafford has been ok this year, but he is what he is at this point. He's just not as good as the elite qbs.

suh is an selfish jerk and deserves what he gets.

I said nothing of the sort.

Sorry. Thought if a team doesn't have an offensive line that it points to the GM of the team.

My bad.

i think stafford has been ok this year, but he is what he is at this point. He's just not as good as the elite qbs.

He also had a poor receiving group last year. Keep in mind this is a totally new offense. Stafford is still only 26 and has shown the ability to be elite. Drew Brees didn't turn into the QB he is until his age 27 year.

I think that's a good point. They had a well performing O-Line last year and they finished 7-9. Schedule was harder too.