Kamakzie

Breaking News: Suh suspended

Well they lose all credibility when they think they are ones who can tell someone else they are not TRUE Lions fans. That's just stupid.

And I disagree that Fans who have an honest critique of Stafford don't give him credit some times. They do.

They do not lose anything. Again, they are being realistic for the most part. You can be a true fan and blame Stafford sure, but you will not be taken as seriously if you find the lowest common denominator and use that for your argument. It is REAL easy to blame the QB for a teams failures, but in the end it is a team game. You win and lose as a team.

You can disagree all you want, but for the most part those who hate on the guy do it simply to hate and very rarely give him credit. At least none that I see.

As far as Stafford goes, I usually defend him, but he was just awful vs Green Bay. If he doesn't play a lot better vs Dallas the season is over.

Not hard to agree with that.

I'm glad that Suh can play and I hope he gets 5 sacks and rips off Tony Romo's head and waves it around for the crowd, but he totally stepped on him on purpose, and he totally deserved to be suspended. It would have been overly harsh to the team to make him miss a playoff game though.

If a player with Suh's record of illegally hitting QBs stepped on Stafford like that people would be crying foul with good reason. I love the guy as a player, but on the field he crosses the line way too often.

If you felt he crossed the line by stepping on Rodgers and deserved to be suspended, I'm thinking ripping off Romo's head and waving it to the crowd would probably be crossing the line too. Maybe just a little

I am sure the fine was just to help the NFL save face.

This is actually a good point I haven't heard too many people make. Overturning the appeal was a gutsy move by the league given the image problems they've had recently. I admit it's a head scratcher. Especially given it's Suh - you'd think that guy would already be on double secret probation

This is actually a good point I haven't heard too many people make. Overturning the appeal was a gutsy move by the league given the image problems they've had recently. I admit it's a head scratcher. Especially given it's Suh - you'd think that guy would already be on double secret probation

I think they simply realized suspending a guy for stepping on someone in a football game was ridiculous.

I think they simply realized suspending a guy for stepping on someone in a football game was ridiculous.

I'm thinking he probably did it on purpose, and who cares. I also think the Packers are one of the most babied teams in the NFL

Ford Motor Company advertising dollars carry a lot of weight in such situations. I'm sure the topic was broached behind closed doors.

Biff gets it.

:alien:

Biff gets it.

:alien:

I've heard multiple national radio people excusing it. That's what tells me the hive mind is in accordance with acceding to the mighty Ford dollar.

People that go out of their way to say negative things about the franchise are haters. Just to clarify I really have no idea who falls in this category, but that by the very definition would be a hater IMO.

I wouldn't say this is accurate. I'd say people who are unreasonably negative about a team are haters. I can criticize Stafford for not playing better. I can criticize Suh for not be more in control in previous years and therefore setting himself up for a situation where he almost was suspended for what appeared to be an accidental action. That doesn't make me a hater.

A hater would be someone who says Stafford is garbage. He's not. He may not be elite, but he's not garbage either.

And yet they must have thought him guilty of something since they fined him. Odd ruling really (what's new about that?!). Logically speaking, they didn't rule he didn't do it on purpose, only that they wouldn't suspend him for it. So they didn't change their mind about what they thought Suh did, they only about their own response to it. You could say they reviewed themselves in the end rather than Suh. Go figure.

Yeah, from what I gather listening on the radio this morning briefly, Suh's is a "first time offender" now because he's played 32 "clean" games. (The terminology here is stupid of course. It would make so much more sense to simply say that after an incident you're on probation for 32 games and multiple offense during that time would earn you the label: Repeat offender.)

But at any rate it sounds like what they are saying is: You still did it and we still think you did it on purpose, but because you've been good for x-number of games, we're only going to fine you.

Incidentally, one little tidbit I heard is that the appeal is costing Suh more money. Because the fine was increased and a playoff game check is only like $20K, Suh will have to pay money in order to be able to play Sunday.

If you felt he crossed the line by stepping on Rodgers and deserved to be suspended, I'm thinking ripping off Romo's head and waving it to the crowd would probably be crossing the line too. Maybe just a little

Just the waving around part. The rest is okay.

I wouldn't say this is accurate. I'd say people who are unreasonably negative about a team are haters. I can criticize Stafford for not playing better. I can criticize Suh for not be more in control in previous years and therefore setting himself up for a situation where he almost was suspended for what appeared to be an accidental action. That doesn't make me a hater.

A hater would be someone who says Stafford is garbage. He's not. He may not be elite, but he's not garbage either.

"That go out of their way"

It would be cool if the rest of the team did their job's as well... giving up a special teams TD and committing a bunch of bad penalties didn't help. I'm not convinced a better game from Stafford would have overcome that.

Co-sign. Stafford was bad, but the rest of the team was just as bad.

Just the waving around part. The rest is okay.

Haha yeah. And I know pyrotigers was just joking. I definitely share in the apparent hatred of the Cowboys. I'd also love to see 5 hard Romo slams to the turf by Suh. The only team I dislike more than Dallas is the Bears

Or maybe the NFL simply thought Hanks' reaction was too harsh a penalty and those commentators are simply NFL mouthpieces.

Man I couldn't stand Hanks as a player. That stupid chicken neck dance

I think this is all fine, but if Suh did all that you listed and then put the head on a stake and speared it into the star in the center of AT&T Stadium, then I would say he crossed the line.

I think this is all fine, but if Suh did all that you listed and then put the head on a stake and speared it into the star in the center of AT&T Stadium, then I would say he crossed the line.

Almost. I think he'd have to then set it on fire. Now we're talking a one game suspension

Odd isn't it?

Stafford lovers criticized Linehan, criticized Schwartz, criticized the Oline and criticized our receivers, but if anyone says anything critical about Matty, we are NOT true Lions fans.

LOL

Seriously? If the Lions coaches were to listen to the haters, who would be starting Sunday at Dallas?

I am not mentally or financially committed to Stafford but even I can see he is our best chance to win.

Yes, he might go out there and throw three or four picks and he may go out there and take sacks taking us out of FG range.

But he also may go out there and lead us on 3 or 4 scoring drives. Does he get any credit for our 11 -5 record or is our 2nd ranked defense the reason we're in the playoffs? I say a bit of both because it's a TEAM game, not Stafford against Romo.

And I disagree that Fans who have an honest critique of Stafford don't give him credit some times. They do.

And you would be wrong. When Stafford is struggling, the haters are all over the GDT letting every TRUE Lion fan know how bad he is. But when Matt leads them down the field on a winning scoring drive, these same haters disappear. They are as bad as that idiot who insisted Verlander wasn't a true ace during his Cy Young season. When Stafford misses a wide open receiver, I scream at him. When he fires a bullet pass into a small window for a TD, I also scream, for the team.