Shinma

12/21/14. Lions at Bears. 2014.15. Fox, 1:00pm

Saints, ravens, and bills all blew their playoff chances today. As bad as the lions played against a terrible bears team, they won.

Saints, ravens, and bills all blew their playoff chances today. As bad as the lions played against a terrible bears team, they won.

Plus Philadelphia blew their chance against a bad Redskins team yesterday.

Oakland has 3 wins on the season. They beat Kansas City, San Francisco and Buffalo who were all competing for the playoffs. The Raiders have basically eliminated three teams this year.

I kind of want Seattle to lose. If the Lions lose to Green Bay, I want that 5th seed.

I want Seattle to lose because I think that's the best way to avoid them. The Lions most likely easiest path to the SB is going through Arizona. If we are the #2 or #6 seed, I'd rather go to AZ (as #1) than of Seattle.

I want Seattle to lose because I think that's the best way to avoid them. The Lions most likely easiest path to the SB is going through Arizona. If we are the #2 or #6 seed, I'd rather go to AZ (as #1) than of Seattle.

Honestly, I think Detroit can beat Seattle. Detroit also has a good defense and Seattle's offense isn't anything special. I think Detroit can win a 10-7 game against Seattle.

The game against the Packers will be at 4:25

Is that confirmed? Which game did they flex to Sunday Night then?

Is that confirmed? Which game did they flex to Sunday Night then?

Schefter says it will most likely be the Steelers/Bengals

Schefter says it will most likely be the Steelers/Bengals

WTF? That sucks.

How can they not have Rodgers in prime time? I know that nobody cares about the Lions but I figured that Rodgers alone would have been enough to move it to Sunday Night.

Well, I look like an idiot for predicting that it would 100% be moved to Sunday Night.

WTF? That sucks.

How can they not have Rodgers in prime time? I know that nobody cares about the Lions but I figured that Rodgers alone would have been enough to move it to Sunday Night.

Well, I look like an idiot for predicting that it would 100% be moved to Sunday Night.

Maybe they just want the warmer game played earlier in the day? I think night games when it's that cold is crazy.

WTF? That sucks.

This makes zero sense.. since they have SF/AZ and Seattle/STL playing out also at 430 with the West up for grabs. Took what could have been a national showcase for a div title head to head and relegated it to a sort of regional + game.. interesting..

Honestly, I think Detroit can beat Seattle. Detroit also has a good defense and Seattle's offense isn't anything special. I think Detroit can win a 10-7 game against Seattle.

Seattle would destroy the Lions like my dog destroys a squeaky toy. It would be about the same as the Redskins did to them in the 1991 NFC Championship, something like 41-10. If the Lions played them at home Seattle would win 31-10. They aren't even close to them.

Even though the Lions didn't play well today it was still a nice win. Anytime you can win on the road against a division rival you have to take it. They obviously have to play better next week against GB if they expect to win, but the bottom line is that they are 11-4.

And I just have to rant for a second, Yes Jimmy Claussen is a backup QB, but he is still one of the top 50 QBs in the World right now, out of 7 billion people, to be in the top 50 says something. He is an NFL player and is capable of making good throws. People on Social media and the announcers act like he was some child out there. He is more than capable of completing wide open passes.

This makes zero sense.. since they have SF/AZ and Seattle/STL playing out also at 430 with the West up for grabs. Took what could have been a national showcase for a div title head to head and relegated it to a sort of regional + game.. interesting..

They usually have teams with more to lose in that game. The Lions and Packers will be in the playoffs. There is more on the line, so to speak.

Seattle would destroy the Lions like my dog destroys a squeaky toy. It would be about the same as the Redskins did to them in the 1991 NFC Championship, something like 41-10. If the Lions played them at home Seattle would win 31-10. They aren't even close to them.

I think the Lions match up really well with Seattle's offense. The Lions stop the run well, and the line would give Seattle fits. They have a weak offensive line.

Playing at Seattle would be the worst matchup for Detroit, but I don't see a loss that big.

Playing against Seattle in Detroit, I see a really close game.

Guys, I can't stand Dominic Raiola. I tired of his antics years ago. He's a useless thug and I don't think he's all that good. He's never been more than a serviceable player and I get tired of the routine. I think when Travis Swanson takes over at center (could be this week) the offensive line will be better off. I know it's a dirty game and I know it's a brutal game, but he's a dirtbag and to me he represents the worst era of Lions football. Can't wait until he's gone.

Guys, I can't stand Dominic Raiola. I tired of his antics years ago. He's a useless thug and I don't think he's all that good. He's never been more than a serviceable player and I get tired of the routine. I think when Travis Swanson takes over at center (could be this week) the offensive line will be better off. I know it's a dirty game and I know it's a brutal game, but he's a dirtbag and to me he represents the worst era of Lions football. Can't wait until he's gone.

I too am tired of Raiola being a jerk. He's been serviceable throughout his career but his personality makes it difficult to be a fan of his. I will not miss him when he leaves.

Always a ray of sunshine.

I have a feeling Seattle vs Ryan Lindley is the only time you've seen them play this year

Here are some games this year the Seahawks won by 30+ points:

oh it's blank because there aren't any

how about by that 21 point margin:

vs NYG 38-17

@Arizona 35-6

Well. They definitely look like a lock to beat any mediocre team by 20-30+ points.

Did I mention that they beat Oakland (at home) by 6, and Washington by 10? Do I think they're a better team than the Lions? Sure. But don't buy into this ridiculous hype about them being the best defense of all time (LOL Michael Bennett) or whatever garbage they're shooting out.

For the season they're 29th in passing and 1st in rushing on offense, that sounds like the type of offense I'd want the Lions to face.

Especially now that the Lions have proven they're a 'tough team' that 'just knows how to win'. Easy Super Bowl victory incoming

I think the Lions match up really well with Seattle's offense. The Lions stop the run well, and the line would give Seattle fits. They have a weak offensive line.

Their offensive line has been one of the strongest in the league for a while. Okung and Unger are two of the best at their position.

The Seahawks one weakness is complacency, getting a little too full of themselves, and Wilson can be inaccurate throwing the ball at times. Otherwise, there's not one weakness on that team. Easily the favorite to come out of the NFC.

They usually have teams with more to lose in that game. The Lions and Packers will be in the playoffs. There is more on the line, so to speak.

Actually, that makes sense. I just hope that the Lions-Packers is a national telecast and that I'm not stuck with Cardinals-49ers or Rams-Seahawks here in New York. That would be a swift kick in the nuts. I guess I'll head out to a bar if that's the case.

Now that I think of it, the Steelers-Bengals game could easily be division or wild card just like the Lions-Packers depending on what the Bengals do tonight so it's not necessarily an all or nothing game so an odd decision on their part IMO.

Edited by NYLion