DetroitCity313

2015 Detroit Pistons Lottery Thread

So Arn Tellem is still an agent until August 1st and he still represents Hezonja. Reports are coming out that Hezonja's camp is trying to discourage 1-7 from taking him so he can fall to the Pistons.

I want the guy and it helps my team. But that is a huge conflict of interest.

I don't see how this doesn't break some kind of league rule. Outside of Chicago, Detroit would provide him as much Croatian/Pan-Slavic culture as any in the L--not to mention minutes.

I'm seeing talk of trading picks still. I thought the deadline passed

It did.

Any trade now will just be a gentleman's agreement until after the draft.

Say Detroit traded #8 for #4. The Knicks pick for us at 4 and we pick for them at 8. Then tomorrow they trade each players rights.

I would take Booker over Johnson. Johnson just doesn't interest me much.

If we trade up to 4, it has to be for Hezonja or Winslow. Most likely Hezonja. Bet SVG is drooling over the thought of him in his offense.

Thanks as usual, Del.

Burke is funny. Everyone wanted him over KCP then Utah turned around and took Exum the next year and now they're looking to move him... Meanwhile KCP looks like a solid 2 way guy... Not a star but a solid starter

Why? :confused:

I don't know why anybody who isn't from Michigan would want to be a Piston if there were other options available.

Drummond/Van Gundy, Arn Tellem, Pistons history of winning, and History of being one of the "cool" teams.

How could Kaminsky move up the draft boards in the last couple of hours before the draft? Are teams calling these dudes with last second questions and they like his answers better than the other prospects?

Burke is funny. Everyone wanted him over KCP then Utah turned around and took Exum the next year and now they're looking to move him... Meanwhile KCP looks like a solid 2 way guy... Not a star but a solid starter

To be fair, not "everyone". Del and I were pretty vocal about not drafting Burke and pulling for KCP. I'm not sure KCP became the guy we thought he would be, but I'm still happy we let Burke go to someone else and I still have hopes for KCP to grow into a version of Tony Allen that can hit open shots.

To be fair, not "everyone". Del and I were pretty vocal about not drafting Burke and pulling for KCP. I'm not sure KCP became the guy we thought he would be, but I'm still happy we let Burke go to someone else and I still have hopes for KCP to grow into a version of Tony Allen that can hit open shots.

I was very pissed when we didn't take him. But I'm a huge Michigan fan and admit I was pretty wrong about Burke.

Should there be a new thread for the actual draft.

I haven't spent enough time educating myself on who's going where, but I plan on following and making usual uninformed posts.

My vote if for a new thread fwiw.

Does Grand Rapids need a PG?

KCP for Burke feels like pretty much a wash right now to me.

I was against Burke and liked the KCP but I think the most likely scenario at this point has him ending up a decent bench player at this point and that is not what you want out of a lottery pick either. The book will still be written on both guys but I am really concerned about KCP's shooting at this point.

If Burke is being sold as a bust at this point, I would take him. I never saw him as a star but he can be a rotation player in this league, just like KCP. Not sure who I would rather have at this point.

Edited by Hart

KCP for Burke feels like pretty much a wash right now to me.

How so, Burke has already washed out, the speculation that he was too slow and too small has been born out, he is DJ Augustine part 2. KCP is an above average scorer who has shown flashes of an offensive game, last year he really improved his driving game. Two guards usually don't break out until year 3, KCP is clearly much more valuable at this point and was the correct choice.

How so, Burke has already washed out, the speculation that he was too slow and too small has been born out, he is DJ Augustine part 2. KCP is an above average scorer who has shown flashes of an offensive game, last year he really improved his driving game. Two guards usually don't break out until year 3, KCP is clearly much more valuable at this point and was the correct choice.

Washed out is a little harsh. If he was waived right now, there would be 29 other teams putting a claim on him. He is not going to be a starter on a good team in this league but guys like Burke hang around a long time as backups.