DetroitCity313

2015 Detroit Pistons Lottery Thread

C'mon, it's LA we're talking about here. They will make trades, get free agents, and find themselves back in the playoffs very quickly. Their fans are spoiled for a reason and I don't see that changing anytime soon. If not Cousins, it'll be someone else. They've only got a few (maybe) good years of Kobe left and they're paying him a ton of cash, so they'll be looking for a way to turn things around quickly and seeing as how it's LA I'm pretty confident they'll make that happen.

Not in one year, not in the west

They have a chance to be useful players in the L, I don't think I ever said either would be on an All-NBA team. But hey, if you think Brooks did a good job managing that roster (Del also thinks OKC doesn't have talent, something we went back and forth about months ago) then we definitely have little else to talk about on this subject.

The Pistons need players with athletic talent and scoring/shooting ability from the wings, PJIII and Lamb provide some of that and are certainly worth a look on the cheap. Durant himself called PJIII the most talented athlete on OKC in the past. It appears Lamb is being moved so this is one-half of a dead issue.

Fair enough. Definitely don't think Brooks was the problem by any means. A healthy KD and RW and they have a ring or two.

I loved PJ3(the guys' talent level is ridiculous) and Lamb coming out ftr, but they both came with shortcomings and they haven't fixed them.

I didn't say they had no talent. Top three, OKC can compete with anyone in terms of talent.

But when KD and Ibaka go down with an injury, yeah PJIII and Lamb aren't stepping in to save the day. So Russ needed to engage Superman mode. That is what I said.

Here's my final mock for anyone who cares

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Russell

76ers- Porzingis

Knicks- Okafor

Magic- Hezonja

Kings- Mudiay

Nuggets- Winslow

Pistons- Johnson

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Russell

76ers- Porzingis

Knicks- Okafor

Magic- Hezonja

Kings- Mudiay

Nuggets- Winslow

Pistons- Johnson

Looks about right considering there are no trades.

I'm reading reports that Hezonja's people want him to be a Piston. What will it take to move up to 4??

Why? :confused:

I don't know why anybody who isn't from Michigan would want to be a Piston if there were other options available.

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Russell

76ers- Porzingis

Knicks- Okafor

Magic- Hezonja

Kings- Mudiay

Nuggets- Winslow

Pistons- Johnson

We should have tanked harder.

I'm higher on Johnson than most. I like his 6'7, 240 frame with his wingspan and defensive ability. He'll come off the bench next season and will be what? 19? 20?

Why? :confused:

I don't know why anybody who isn't from Michigan would want to be a Piston if there were other options available.

SVG's system is perfect for him.

We didn't see it this year because the Pistons had nobody to run it. But Stan loves running the PnR with the ball handler being someone other than the PG. See Hedo in Orlando for an example.

I'm higher on Johnson than most. I like his 6'7, 240 frame with his wingspan and defensive ability. He'll come off the bench next season and will be what? 19? 20?

Unless they do something with free agency or a trade, I would guess he starts.

I'm with you on that. I've touted him since the beginning of the college season. Very projectable pro skills.

We didn't see it this year because the Pistons had nobody to run it. But Stan loves running the PnR with the ball handler being someone other than the PG. See Hedo in Orlando for an example.

That would make sense. It just sounds weird that people would push any player to be a Piston considering the gongshow that they have been for years and not being a very desirable location even in the best of times.

I'd rather have Winslow...but reality being what it is, I'm ok with Johnson.

On another matter...why is height listed... and seemingly assigned more importance.... before wingspan? How much space you can effectively cover with the part of your body you use (hands) seems more important than the vertical height of your head.

I'd rather have Winslow...but reality being what it is, I'm ok with Johnson.

On another matter...why is height listed... and seemingly assigned more importance.... before wingspan? How much space you can effectively cover with the part of your body you use (hands) seems more important than the vertical height of your head.

Yeah, wingspan and standing reach are more important.

I love the NBA TV mock... Pistons taking Cauley-Stein and Hornets taking Johnson.

David Aldridge basically just telling the audience why the mock is wrong lol

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Russell

76ers- Porzingis

Knicks- Okafor

Magic- Hezonja

Kings- Mudiay

Nuggets- Winslow

Pistons- Johnson

Looks about right based upon what we know. But there's always some surprises on draft night and teams like 76ers and Knicks (trading the pick) could really change things. In the end though, I think it's the teams at 5-7 that will benefit from any early craziness. By the time it gets to 8 I expect the top 7 you've listed to still be gone just like when Cleveland picked Bennett 1st overall - it didn't change the fact that McLemore wasn't going to make it to us that year. The only thing I see truly changing our pool of choices (Johnson, Turner, Booker) is someone taking WCS early or us trading up/down.

If we draft hezonja and he starts running a pick and roll with drummond instead of jackson, mickey is going to be pissed!

Trey burke is on the block, would you trade kcp for him?

Quick response. No. But I am not that familiar with Burkes numbers at the end of last year.

I didn't say they had no talent. Top three, OKC can compete with anyone in terms of talent.

But when KD and Ibaka go down with an injury, yeah PJIII and Lamb aren't stepping in to save the day. So Russ needed to engage Superman mode. That is what I said.

Hard to step in unless the coach calls your number. And when the coach is calling on the likes of Nick Collison and Andre Roberson before you, that's a big W-T-effff. Even with the injuries Russ had more help than he wanted to have.