DetroitCity313

2015 Detroit Pistons Lottery Thread

Bucks may move Michael Carter-Williams in a trade

I don't want MCW. But I might take #17, Henson, and the Clippers pick next year for #8.

You get your backup C in Henson, and he is a legit rim protector. Then at 17 you might have a shot at Oubre/Lyles/Dekker. Plus a pick next year, even though it will be in the late 20's.

I only do it if Mario/Winslow are gone at #8 and I still probably take Turner instead of the trade. But its worth thinking about.

Has anyone's stock fallen faster than mcw's? Besides anthony bennett....

I wouldn't take guts to draft him. A talent like that slips to #8 you snap him up without thinking about.

The gutsy part would be moving Jackson and going with Mudiay/Jennings/Dinwiddie. Two guys with a combined 30 games in the NBA and another coming off a terrible injury.

Why wouldn't they just keep Jackson and roll with a Jackson/Mudiay/Meeks/Dinwiddie backcourt and push KCP to SF? Jennings is a stiff going forward.

Has anyone's stock fallen faster than mcw's? Besides anthony bennett....

It is crazy how young guys like this can just be given up on. Beverley is a starting PG on a contender and MCW can't keep a job on a fringe team? LOL

It is crazy how young guys like this can just be given up on. Beverley is a starting PG on a contender and MCW can't keep a job on a fringe team? LOL

I'd take him as my backup over Jennings, but I'm not giving up the #8 pick to get him.

Why wouldn't they just keep Jackson and roll with a Jackson/Mudiay/Meeks/Dinwiddie backcourt and push KCP to SF? Jennings is a stiff going forward.

Agreed, Jennings is as good as done.

I doubt Stan is interested in having three of his four guards incapable of hitting 30% of their three point attempts.

I wouldn't waste time developing a PG either. It is by far the most loaded position in the league.

In the past 12 months look at the PGs who have been traded. You can get one whenever you want.

Really wonder if Towns, Okafor and Russell go 1-2-3 if we piece something together and try to trade up and get Hezonja or Winslow

There's way too much talk about us being locked in on Johnson for it to be true. Draft week stories are so full of lies and smoke screens that it makes me think we're leaning towards Booker. That, and this comment from Stan:

"We haven’t really differentiated between twos and threes, but there’s a group of wing players that will fall in that area if you’re following this"

No differentiation between SGs and SFs? Apparently, it's all "wing players" to Stan on his draft board. I guess we'll find out just how much he values shooting tomorrow.

SVG would take that deal in a heartbeat, but I'm pretty sure they'd want a lot more. Prices are high in this draft. They'd probably want a future first rounder added to that.

They would want to send Calderon back.

I'll take Calderon back if they take Jennings

You could do a lot worse as a backup for a year.

Everybody loves him. No matter what team he leaves all you hear is what a great guy he is. He would be a good veteran influence for Jackson and Dinwiddie.

Still a great shooter too.

I wouldn't waste time developing a PG either. It is by far the most loaded position in the league.

In the past 12 months look at the PGs who have been traded. You can get one whenever you want.

I know how much you hate point guards that don't shoot 3s well, so I shouldn't waste my breath here.

But 6'5+ point guards with upside to leading the league in steals and top-10 in assists don't grow on trees. His turnovers and shot selection issues were magnified in Tankadelphia due to playing with about the worst supporting cast I've seen in awhile. Not sure why he's left for dead at 23 with 15.7/6.5/5.8/1.8 career averages, dude is at least a Sixth Man of the Year type of bench player going forward in the right environment and at best a fringe AS if he learns to shoot and take care of the rock a little better. His turnovers declined quite a bit after the trade and his FG% went up similarly.

Everybody loves him. No matter what team he leaves all you hear is what a great guy he is. He would be a good veteran influence for Jackson and Dinwiddie.

I like Calderon, he would give us a different look either paired with Jackson or complementing him. How many games do you think he gives us next year?

I doubt Stan is interested in having three of his four guards incapable of hitting 30% of their three point attempts.

Your favorite bottle of poison Jackson shoots over 30% next year.

Neither Mudiay or Jackson excels off ball. Its part of why Jackson wanted out of OKC

Agreed

Who does everyone want?

My Pistons board:

Towns

Okafor/Russel/Mudiday (talented but no fit / trade down / won't be at 8 anway)

Winslow

Mario

Johnson

Kristaps

Turner

------

would be happy with any body above, especially Winslow

------

Booker

WCS (if he's available would love to trade down)

Kaminsky

Who does everyone want?

In a straight-up draft (not counting trades), if the 1st 7 fall as expected (Towns, Okafor, Porzingas, Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Hezonja), then I would want the Pistons Draft Board to look something like this:

1. Turner

2. Oubre/ Johnson (can't decide if I would prefer Oubre's significant upside to Johnson's immediate defensive ability and (limited) offensive upside...). I think I would be fine with either of these guys, for different reasons. Which is why I have them tied. If SVG picks either of these guys instead of Turner, I think I would be ok with it. But still prefer Turner as my #1 choice for the 8th pick, at this point.

3. Booker - shooting, shooting, shooting. But I think the above 3 have far more upside/ over-all ability so unless we trade down a couple spots, I'll be disappointed if all we end up with at 8 is Booker. I'll survive this pick, if it's Booker, but be disappointed.

I would be unhappy with anyone else picked in the 8th spot aside from the above 4. Oubre is my "dark horse" candidate. Aside from the above 4, now we're talking a trade down to 11-12-13 range and hoping 1 of the above falls that far, or next on my Pistons Draft Board:

5. Kaminsky

6. Looney (does he have enough commitment to not be a bust?) I love his ability and upside, but would be significantly scared if he was our pick, due to bust potential.

PS: If Knicks somehow work a trade for our #8 (we send them Jennings, they send us #4 & Calderon? Has to be more than that, right?):

1. Hezonja

2. Winslow

I still think it's 1A and 1B or, basically a coin toss. I'd be fine with either one, really.

But I do really, really, really like Hezonja's deadly-from-anywhere shooting.