DetroitCity313

2015 Detroit Pistons Lottery Thread

Oh, I was talking about his article where he says they are outscoring their opponents 7.1 points per/100 without Smith. Not important, he is a good writer and I'm confident he is right.

That's the number that bbref shows.

Just saw a thing on Twitter.

The Pistons play for all possessions for which Josh smith was not on the floor translates to that of a 59 win team.

They way they are playing right now I am not terribly surprised to read this, but it's still incredible to think that one player could sink a team so badly. I don't think a single player in another sport could make that big a difference. I wonder if the Jsmoove situation will change the way that NBA teams look at free agent contracts.

The Pistons play for all possessions for which Josh smith was not on the floor translates to that of a 59 win team.

The one thing that might temper that a little is that as a starter, he may have been off the court a lot when the other teams starters were also off the court - still even given that caveat, pretty striking number.

They way they are playing right now I am not terribly surprised to read this, but it's still incredible to think that one player could sink a team so badly. I don't think a single player in another sport could make that big a difference. I wonder if the Jsmoove situation will change the way that NBA teams look at free agent contracts.

Particularly if Houston goes into a slide with Smith on board.

The one thing that might temper that a little is that as a starter, he may have been off the court a lot when the other teams starters were also off the court - still even given that caveat, pretty striking number.

I think a few more would have positive numbers if that was true. Smith wasn't the only guy going up against starters.

Saw a similar statement on bleacher report (authors lastname was Fronal) saying we are actually playing like a 63 win team, which would put us on pace to won 48 games this year if we kept it up.

The last thing I'm thinking about is lottery position. If this is part of the vocabulary in late February, I'll be pretty upset.

About Smith, D has had a few stats presenting how poor he's been to this team on the floor. But with all that said, who could've expected the team could really correlate those benefits of him not being on the floor to something like what we've seen for seven games now. It's hard to believe.

Maryland @ OSU - ESPN 7PM - You can see D'Angelo Russell from OSU. Currently ranked #2 at Draftexpress.

Kentucky @ Missouri - ESPN 9PM - 4 UK players are listed in the top 25 at Draftexpress

Utah @ UCLA - ESPN2 10PM - You can see Kevon Looney from UCLA. Currently ranked #9 at DE.

I guess we should bring this thread back to the top again.

I watch zero college basketball, but from reading Draftnet and DraftExpress, Myles Turner might be interesting if we don't bring back Monroe. Of course, Stanley Johnson looks solid and probably in our pick range with the way we've been playing lately.

Drafting when you suck is easy. BPA all day.

Finding out who is the BPA might be a bit hard though.

And I want Kaminsky just because his name reminds of Mike Gminski.

Drafting when you suck is easy. BPA all day.

Finding out who is the BPA might be a bit hard though.

And I want Kaminsky just because his name reminds of Mike Gminski.

Kaminsky wouldn't be horrible actually.

I would love Kaminsky...a big who can work the high post and shoot? He'd be a nice option with or without Monroe. You have 96 minutes a night from the 4/5 spots. He could easily get 25 of them. Maybe not drafting at 5-8, but maybe you work a deal into the late teens or so

ESPN's latest mock draft has us taking Willie Cauley-Stein. That would truly be interesting to say the least. Drummond with the offensive potential and Cauley-Stein the defensive potential. I could be all about that actually.

I guess we should bring this thread back to the top again.

I watch zero college basketball, but from reading Draftnet and DraftExpress, Myles Turner might be interesting if we don't bring back Monroe. Of course, Stanley Johnson looks solid and probably in our pick range with the way we've been playing lately.

I have watched very little college basketball this year but I did see Johnson against Michigan and I don't want him. And I would bet that was one of his better games of the year.

He's deadly from three feet in...

I like Greg Monroe a lot, but with Andre's limitations you really need a big that can draw the defense out a bit to work alongside him. Sticking two guys who can't work more than five feet from the basket in the low blocks makes it hard for your guards to get to the basket