DetroitCity313

2015 Detroit Pistons Lottery Thread

Go to hell Chad.

NBA Draft - Chad Ford Mock Draft 7.0

8. Sam Dekker, F, Wisconsin

Everyone in the league has Mario Hezonja pegged here for the Pistons. And if he falls to eight, it's likely he'll be the pick. However, if he's off the board, don't be surprised if the Pistons select Dekker a few spots higher than other NBA teams have him. He had a terrific workout there on Saturday, shot the lights out, and is more NBA ready than several of the wings. The Pistons also have a huge hole at the three. Stanley Johnson and Devin Booker will be other options for Detroit.

Why would the Pistons draft Dekker at 8? Would he be a better or worse version of Kyle Singler?

Why would the Pistons draft Dekker at 8? Would he be a better or worse version of Kyle Singler?

If they do want him, hopefully it would at least be a situation where they trade down to get him.

Chad Ford is the worst. I don't believe a word he says.

For sure. I saw the mock having the Pistons taking Dekker at 8 and I'm thinking who was the moron that made up this mock and to no surprise, I saw it was Chad Ford.

I'm sure that Dekker will be a fine player but I always have reservations about White Collegiates. They rarely seem to pan out.

I could definitely see SVG liking Dekker(who's probably a bit underrated), but taking him at 8 seems extreme. Trading down for him would be cool though.

I could definitely see SVG liking Dekker(who's probably a bit underrated), but taking him at 8 seems extreme. Trading down for him would be cool though.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. The Kyle Singler comparisons are kind of ridiculous and racist.

.....The Kyle Singler comparisons are kind of ridiculous and racist.

Who would you compare him to? I compared him to Singler because he was an ex Piston that I thought was a decent bench player. That is how I see Dekker in the NBA and that is not worthy of a lottery pick.

Edited by nd1377

Who would you compare him to? I compared him to Singler because he was an ex Piston that I thought was a decent bench player. That is how I see Dekker in the NBA and that is not worthy of a lottery pick.

Fair enough, but one is universally considered a lottery or near lottery guy(I think latest I've seen Dekker is 16, with 14 being the end of the lottery) and the other was universally considered a 2nd rounder if not worse.

Here's my mock a week from the draft

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Okafor

76ers- Russell

Knicks- Porzingis

Magic- Winslow

Kings- Mundiay

Nuggets- Hezonja

Pistons- Johnson

As Nas said Dekker projects into the lottery by some estimations and Singler pretty much was universally thought of as a high floor/low ceiling 2nd rounder who could develop into a rotation player. Singler is a stationary shooter who moves well without the ball and has a high basketball IQ. Dekker can get his own shot, rebound the ball a little bit and handle the ball enough to take pressure off of a point guard. Dekker is more athletic than Singler, maybe by quite a bit.

Comparisons? I've seen Gordon Hayward but it seems generous. DeMarre Carroll seems not generous enough. Jimmy Butler at the same age isn't a terrible comparison, Omri Cassipi right now is probably OK as well.

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Okafor

76ers- Russell

Knicks- Porzingis

Magic- Winslow

Kings- Mundiay

Nuggets- Hezonja

Pistons- Johnson

With Johnson stating his case emphatically to SVG, you have to wonder if that is enough to put him over the top. Wanting to play in Detroit is kind of a big deal IMO.

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Okafor

76ers- Russell

Knicks- Porzingis

Magic- Winslow

Kings- Mundiay

Nuggets- Hezonja

Pistons- Johnson

I would take Turner before Johnson.

Actually, in this situation I would call Larry Legend and see how in love he is with WCS.

Thank you for the responses.

Would you guys be happy with Dekker in the first round for the Pistons? I would not be happy. I just don't see him as a star or someone with star potential in the NBA.

I hope winslow is there and we dont have to worry about taking dekker.

I hope winslow is there and we dont have to worry about taking dekker.

IMO, the only uncertainty for the Pistons is what, not if, the trade is if the guy from the top 8 that falls is WCS or Mudiday.

Otherwise it's draft the guy that falls.

IMO, the only uncertainty for the Pistons is what, not if, the trade is if the guy from the top 8 that falls is WCS or Mudiday.

Sounds about right

Pretty much this.

If one of these guys falls to us it is a matter of what team gives us their slot and what asset we get in return--maybe some sort of multi-team deal.

However, I do have to wonder if SVG would be tempted to trade KCP and keep Mudiay to start alongside Jax. it would be nice to have another athletic facilitator on the team. that jumper is a huge ???? though.

Pretty much this.

If one of these guys falls to us it is a matter of what team gives us their slot and what asset we get in return--maybe some sort of multi-team deal.

However, I do have to wonder if SVG would be tempted to trade KCP and keep Mudiay to start alongside Jax. it would be nice to have another athletic facilitator on the team. that jumper is a huge ???? though.

How about a different version of the trade Nastradamus proposed with the Knicks?

We send #8 and KCP for #4 and Calderon.

We use #4 to take Russell. You then start Jackson and Russell together.

How about a different version of the trade Nastradamus proposed with the Knicks?

We send #8 and KCP for #4 and Calderon.

We use #4 to take Russell. You then start Jackson and Russell together.

Perfect for me. That's the basic idea, get a Jackson/Russell backcourt. I think that has a ton of potential.

Perfect for me. That's the basic idea, get a Jackson/Russell backcourt. I think that has a ton of potential.

Knicks fans would burn the stadium down. No way they accept moving down in the draft when they're already angry they didn't get a higher pick after they tanked the season. Not to mention that all they'd get back is KCP and a contract move which they could care less about because they're fans in a big market.

Realistically I think it's' more likely we move down than up if we move at all. Moving up even a few slots requires way more assets than I think Stan is willing to give up for what is a gamble anyway.

Wolves- Towns

Lakers- Okafor

76ers- Russell

Knicks- Porzingis

Magic- Winslow

Kings- Mundiay

Nuggets- Hezonja

Pistons- Johnson

Magic/Kings will take WCS I believe. I don't think Mudiay will fall that far anyway, he will go top 4, Orlando will take Porzingis if he's at 5. Denver is the team to worry about for Winslow.

I would take Turner before Johnson.

Actually, in this situation I would call Larry Legend and see how in love he is with WCS.

Right, I believe Turner is the guy the Pistons should target at 8, if Winslow isn't there, Trade down to some WCS lover like Bird would be great, if Winslow is gone, they could get Turner/Johnson at 11.

Sam Bowie is what you get when you pick for need.

Portland had Drexler and Paxson already so they passed on Jordan for Bowie. You know the rest.

I've often wondered if Portland tried to work a deal with Houston centered on Drexler for Ralph Sampson. Maybe Portland has to throw in a F like Carr or Natt. Drexler and Hakeem in Houston, Portland gets Sampson and Jordan...it's a win/win.

So far as this century goes....I really want Winslow. If he's gone....I like Booker. Like the rest of America, I watched a lot of UK hoops this year. Booker impressed me a lot...not just as a shooter.

Knicks fans would burn the stadium down. No way they accept moving down in the draft when they're already angry they didn't get a higher pick after they tanked the season. Not to mention that all they'd get back is KCP and a contract move which they could care less about because they're fans in a big market.

Realistically I think it's' more likely we move down than up if we move at all. Moving up even a few slots requires way more assets than I think Stan is willing to give up for what is a gamble anyway.

big markets have the same cap as small markets

I think you're making too big an assumption. I don't think moving down from 4-8 is that big a deal in this draft when you already missed out on your top 2 potentially.