DetroitCity313

2015 Detroit Pistons Lottery Thread

I think Porzingis has some red flags, specifically his shooting.

I mean those two years at 30%-31% have to scare some people.

[TABLE=width: 512]

[TR]

[TD=width: 64]Year[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]League[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]Team[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]GP[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]Min[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]3Pt[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]3PtA[/TD]

[TD=width: 64]3P%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012/13[/TD]

[TD]ACB[/TD]

[TD]Sevilla[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]6.6[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.6[/TD]

[TD=align: right]50[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2012/13[/TD]

[TD]Eurocup[/TD]

[TD]Sevilla[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]6.7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2013/14[/TD]

[TD]ACB[/TD]

[TD]Sevilla[/TD]

[TD=align: right]35[/TD]

[TD=align: right]15.2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1.5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]30.2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2014/15[/TD]

[TD]ACB[/TD]

[TD]Sevilla[/TD]

[TD=align: right]34[/TD]

[TD=align: right]21.7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2.2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]31.6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2014/15[/TD]

[TD]Eurocup[/TD]

[TD]Sevilla[/TD]

[TD=align: right]16[/TD]

[TD=align: right]20.9[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1.1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2.3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]45.9[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I definitely do not envy basketball scouts who have to evaluate a kid's performance as a teenager and project him at 24-27.

The kid has nice mechanics on his jumper--elevates well shooting it and releases the ball real high. The potential is definitely there, but it has been there for a lot of guys. William Bedford had all the potential in the world to be a stretch big, for example. All these kids are gambles.

It kind of feels like we are being prepped to accept Mario as our draft pick by the media. Watching the videos, I see an NBA SF who can handle the ball well enough to get his own shot. Not sure about SG, although anyone looks more fluid than Singler there. I wish we had the luxury of drafting this guy and making him 9th or 10th man for 18 months. As a starter right out of the box, just not sure. He reminds me enough of Brent Barry to think it could work, but the amount scouts have to project reminds me enough of Vesley to give me pause.

I've seen some great young Euro gunners struggle as rookies--legends like Drazen and Peja, even an older gunner like Mirza. Overall, he is probably no greater of a risk than taking a college kid but the college kids who would go at his slot are more physically developed. SVG will have to consider this, as whoever we draft will play summer league, pre-season, regular season and then have to have enough left for the playoffs. Durability matters.

I can live with gambling on Hezonja. Teams like us need to shoot for upside. Its why I like Turner for us so much. He's the Drummond of this draft IMO.

I can live with gambling on Hezonja. Teams like us need to shoot for upside. Its why I like Turner for us so much. He's the Drummond of this draft IMO.

I would much rather draft a big and buy our SF, so Turner is ok by me. Lots of solid bigs in the draft, too many speculative swings.

Yah, I actually view Turner as relatively safe too. He might not become LMA, but I'd be surprised if he busts. Turner and Middleton would make me pretty happy.

Agreed, would love to have another forward in the mix if money permits. That is a guy we can get in the 2nd round with some luck.

If we did trade down, I'm falling in love with RJ Hunter and Dekker piques my interest quite a bit as well.

RJ Hunter strikes me as someone who will get eaten alive in the NBA, Dekker is a pro, could be a glue guy starter or a good rotation player.

Edited by ScrubBeaterUpper

Seems like they didn't include RJ Hunter.

They explained why. Hunter had a poor year shooting.

For the purpose of this article, we also honed in on only those who ranked well in the various categories we studied, which is why you won't see the likes of R.J. Hunter, Rashad Vaughn and to a lesser extent Cameron Payne, who weren't incredibly efficient this past season, but are still likely to get drafted in the first round in part because their potential as shooters.

If somehow the Pistons end up with a pick in the bottom third of the first, I would prefer someone like Justin Anderson. Good physical tools, good defender, and DE said he put in a lot of work on his jumper, and it appears he has some results to show for it.

I could see him as a fringe starter or a key bench guy.

SQ2NzcBNr8w

DynNLqxo1ZM

It was specifically stated in the article that Hunter was not included in the study.

Lets keep the facts out of this

No interest in mudiay. Interested in giys who can shoot.

Not need to worry, we don’t have any shot at him unless we move up to the top 5. He could go in the top 3.

Not need to worry, we don’t have any shot at him unless we move up to the top 5. He could go in the top 3.

Good. Let the Knicks waste their pick.

Good. Let the Knicks waste their pick.

I paused at this, only because I can't remember the Knicks having more than a few good drafts over the past three decades. Anyone else old enough to remember them drafting Mark Jackson and Rod Strickland in back-to-back drafts after Jackson won the ROY? LOL.

They have a history of reaching on their first round picks (Frye, Hill, Sweetney), but getting solid value out of their late firsts and second rounds (Hardaway, Fields, Chandler, Lee, Ariza). So Mudiay would be in line with some of their busts of the past.

The team you could assemble from picks that Knicks traded would be pretty good.

Where Did All the NY Knicks' Draft Picks Go? | Bleacher Report

Nice find, Del.

The Marbury and McDyess deals were so fantastically bad that the other deals don't stand out--until you look at them all on paper at the same time.

Not to get on too much of a tangent on Marbury, but I really think he had the best tools of any point guard prospect I've ever seen. But his character was just so amazingly bad, he'll go down as a bust in spite of career numbers that put him just short of the HOF. Not many point guards outside of the HOF have a 19.3/7.6 slash spanning over 800 games. Between him and another Yellowjacket/NYC bust, Kenny Anderson, there was a lot of playmaking potential just left on the table by two of the best PG prospects of the era.