DetroitCity313

2015 Detroit Pistons Lottery Thread

I think it is time.

We have lost 12 straight, we are 3-18 and the schedule is only getting tougher. I am expecting us to have a top 3 pick.

So, who should I be keeping an eye on this college basketball season? Who are the top players we can be looking forward to?

For me it comes down to two players:

Karl-Anthony Towns (kentucky) or Myles Turner (Texas) both are tall and athletic and can play. Okafor is probably the most polished of the bunch, but he isn't very athletic. Not sure how he projects in the NBA.

Of course Mudiay isn't playing, so who knows there. I wish he would have stayed at SMU.

I haven't started following draft prospects this year but I know I want a guy who will fit well with Drummond and is not a questionable fit. Even if you believe Monroe and Drummond can work well together, at the very least that is up for debate, and I don't want to have that debate anymore. Bottom line: I don't want another center who can't shoot.

Stanley Johnson is a quality two way player at small forward. Doesn't appear to be a great shooter but supposedly is beast defensively and he's only 18.

Freshman at Arizona. 6'7, 245.

BPA. Anything else is just stupid for this team. Drummond isn't good enough to keep me from drafting a C.

Yes, absolutely. Plus, Drummond is still young enough that the Pistons could get some good assets in exchange for him.

Yes, absolutely. Plus, Drummond is still young enough that the Pistons could get some good assets in exchange for him.

I agree. When your team is this bad, you take BPA. If that is a big man, that is fine.

I agree. When your team is this bad, you take BPA. If that is a big man, that is fine.

I expect by seasons end 3 of the top 4 players will be 6'10 or taller.

Brooklyn Nets exploring trades of Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson - ESPN New York

I wonder if there is anyway we could start reshaping the roster this way. Josh Smith for Joe Johnson, who only has one year left on his deal after this season, and we could definitely use a small forward. This really only saves the Nets a total of $6M over the 3 years, but it saves them over $10M next year.

The hard thing is, I have watched so much Josh Smith over the past 1 plus that it's hard to believe anyone would take him, but someone out there has to, right?

BPA. Anything else is just stupid for this team. Drummond isn't good enough to keep me from drafting a C.

I knew this would be the first comment made when I posted what I did. And I don't disagree with it. But most the time, BPA is very much up for debate. Unless you get the #1 pick in a draft where there is a Lebron James, John Wall, or Anthony Davis.

I know BPA is the only real option, but I'd sure like to see this team have a real point guard again sometime. Especially if we were able to blast Brandon Jennings into the sun right as we picked them

I think the only way to trade Smith is for an equally bad contract or adding a pick to sweeten the pot.

Why trade smith when he can be so instrumental in creating high draft picks for a couple years?

UK is on ESPN right now if you want to watch Towns or Cauley-Stein.

I almost forgot the Harrison twins were still at UK. My how their stock has dropped.

Why trade smith when he can be so instrumental in creating high draft picks for a couple years?

Yup. Ain't digging out of the hole they are already in this season.

UK is on ESPN right now if you want to watch Towns or Cauley-Stein.

I almost forgot the Harrison twins were still at UK. My how their stock has dropped.

Their stock didn't drop. It was actually sky high after a stellar tournament. They were projected top 15 picks, I was really surprised that they stayed to be honest.

As mentioned above, Stanley Johnson from Arizona is one to watch. He already has an NBA body, is a beast in the post and a terrific defender, can defend multiple positions. He needs to work on his outside shot which could be problematic considering the Pistons need for shooters but he's definitely one to watch.

Their stock didn't drop. It was actually sky high after a stellar tournament. They were projected top 15 picks, I was really surprised that they stayed to be honest.

As mentioned above, Stanley Johnson from Arizona is one to watch. He already has an NBA body, is a beast in the post and a terrific defender, can defend multiple positions. He needs to work on his outside shot which could be problematic considering the Pistons need for shooters but he's definitely one to watch.

So they were projected top 15. Now one is 27th and the other is in the 40s. That is the definition of stock dropping.

Now you might be right if you mean that is more where they should be.

We can catch Jonson this Saturday when Arizona plays Michigan. 5:15 on ESPN.

So they were projected top 15. Now one is 27th and the other is in the 40s. That is the definition of stock dropping.

Now you might be right if you mean that is more where they should be.

We can catch Jonson this Saturday when Arizona plays Michigan. 5:15 on ESPN.

Oh ok, i haven't checked any mocks recently. I'm surprised to see them drop considering that this doesn't look like a great draft but I'm sure that the rankings will fluctuate wildly as the season progresses.

Oh ok, i haven't checked any mocks recently. I'm surprised to see them drop considering that this doesn't look like a great draft but I'm sure that the rankings will fluctuate wildly as the season progresses.

I think this draft will produce some really good players. A top 5 pick will net you some good talent this year.

This draft looks fine coming up. Draft last year was overrated because of Wiggins, who was mostly hype. Check out the rookie ladder, if it wasn't for Jabari Parker the 14' class would look really bad.

This draft looks fine coming up. Draft last year was overrated because of Wiggins, who was mostly hype. Check out the rookie ladder, if it wasn't for Jabari Parker the 14' class would look really bad.

It is extremely difficult for me to get up for the NBA Draft each year now that it is so freshmen-heavy. That seniors--even juniors--lose value because they are "old"/"reached ceiling" according to evaluators is something that tilts me to no end.