T&P_Fan

Brady Hoke Fired

I didn't see much talent out there; except for a few defensive players. They have a couple of decent TE's, but I think Funchess is overrated.

Nobody overrates him now because he can't catch ****.

Nobody overrates him now because he can't catch ****.

Neither could Eric Ebron but some NFL team made him a top ten draft pick!

Any ideas which players might transfer? I know it will depend on large part who they hire, but if there are guys who are at UM only because Hoke was, they might leave regardless of who the next HC is.

Chris Clark, a top rated TE, has decommitted, but he still has Michigan on his list. He said in his statement that he had a great relationship with Hoke.

Neither could Eric Ebron but some NFL team made him a top ten draft pick!

And he just had a really good game in a must win for that NFL team.

It kind of irks me how no one will shut up about how while he was a bad coach, Brady Hoke was a great guy who molded his team into awesome young men.

Except how he lied about a player possibly being a rapist, never did anything about Taylor Lewan, just had to kick a star player off the team for punching out a woman, the entire Shane Morris situation, the way he was always a condescending jerk to reporters...

But I mean, other than that, perfect guy.

I've never seen such a nice firing in my life. I miss the good old days when anyone fired was immediately buried by everyone. Sad.

It kind of irks me how no one will shut up about how while he was a bad coach, Brady Hoke was a great guy who molded his team into awesome young men.

Except how he lied about a player possibly being a rapist, never did anything about Taylor Lewan, just had to kick a star player off the team for punching out a woman, the entire Shane Morris situation, the way he was always a condescending jerk to reporters...

I've never seen such a nice firing in my life. I miss the good old days when anyone fired was immediately buried by everyone. Sad.

Part of Hoke's praise stems from the overall picture, the other part from UM wanting to end this relationship as cleanly and quickly as possible.

It's definitely very odd. Also, the vast majority of people rushing to label him this great guy would have no way of knowing that in the first place. He may be. He may not be. I have no idea so I'm not going to label him anything other than a bad HC who was never qualified for the job in the first place. His failure was rather predictable.

That's true on the surface. It's hard to tell which players could become great, given Hoke's inability to develop talent.

I always thought this was a bit of a stretch. He wasn't able to devlop Devin Gardner, I'd give you that. Not sure anyone could though. We put a pretty respectable defense together each year.

The guy had one good press conference. The day he was hired. He got a lot of mileage and benefit of the doubt out of that - but it couldn't blind people forever.

I always thought this was a bit of a stretch. He wasn't able to devlop Devin Gardner, I'd give you that. Not sure anyone could though. We put a pretty respectable defense together each year.

4 years, not one good running back. Funchess has regressed.

He better not try to hire Mattison.

I guess he can try but I can't imagine why Mattison would go.

Seems like a horrible fit for him, but he is good at developing defensive line talent. Not so sure about anything else as he's never been a coordinator before.