Betrayer

Piston Stats so Far

The Pistons DefRtg at this time last year was 105.9. This year it is 103.9.

Kind of a shock its 105.8 at home and 101.7 on the road.

Not a shock its lower in wins than losses, but the margin is pretty big. 108.1 in losses and 97.5 in wins.

Some 3 man lineup stats. Concentrate on PPP. League average is 1.054 and the #1 offense in the league is 1.109 PPP.

gh8vQfg.png

RkZZhWN.png

289Akm9.png

All three were above league average. Two were above Golden States offensive output. I was curious how they measured up against Golden State 3 man lineups so I ran Green/Curry/Thompson and they average 1.168 PPP.

I want to go on record that I have been a Jennings backer for 2 years now, particulalry this year. These stats back up that he was much less of a liability then people wanted to make out. I hope he can come back next year. Perhaps a loss of speed will force him to work harder on his outside shot.

Advanced stats on 3/21. Definitions below.

For players like Jackson and Prince. Their RPM/WAR numbers are for every team they were on this year. All their other numbers are for the Pistons only.

5YtoMhV.png

ORPM: Player's estimated on-court impact on team offensive performance, measured in points scored per 100 offensive possessions

DRPM: Player's estimated on-court impact on team defensive performance, measured in points allowed per 100 defensive possessions

RPM: Player's estimated on-court impact on team performance, measured in net point differential per 100 offensive and defensive possessions. RPM takes into account teammates, opponents and additional factors

WAR: The estimated number of team wins attributable to each player, based on RPM

OWS -- Offensive Win Shares -- An estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player due to his offense.

DWS -- Defensive Win Shares -- An estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player due to his defense.

WS -- Win Shares -- An estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player.

WS/48 -- Win Shares Per 48 Minutes -- An estimate of the number of wins contributed by a player per 48 minutes (league average is approximately .100)

OBPM -- Offensive Box Plus/Minus -- A box score estimate of the offensive points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team.

DBPM -- Defensive Box Plus/Minus -- A box score estimate of the defensive points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team.

BPM -- Box Plus/Minus -- A box score estimate of the points per 100 possessions a player contributed above a league-average player, translated to an average team.

VORP -- Value over Replacement Player -- A box score estimate of the points per 100 TEAM possessions that a player contributed above a replacement-level (-2.0) player, translated to an average team and prorated to an 82-game season.

Multiply by 2.70 to convert to wins over replacement.

Two questions that might win you a few bucks at the bar.

The last assist Steven Nash recorded in his career went to this person.

Jodie Meeks.

True or False. The Pistons are a better defensive rebounding team with Andre Drummond on the bench.

True. They grab 75.1% of their defensive rebounds with him on the court. 75.8% with him off.

True or False. The Pistons are a better defensive rebounding team with Andre Drummond on the bench.

True. They grab 75.1% of their defensive rebounds with him on the court. 75.8% with him off.

I can't say that this surprises me. He's a much better offensive rebounder than defensive rebounder. It's one of the things that bugs me and that he needs to work on. It's all about boxing out and putting a body on his man - something he's pretty spotty at whether we're talking about defensive rebounding or simple position denial. Good news is that it's an effort and concentration thing, so I think he can improve upon it. Right now Dre likes to hang out on the offensive end for the chance at that offensive rebound more than he likes to get back, play defense, and fight for position on that end.