thefunk

Michigan Basketball: Non-Conference GDT

Seriously? Before Big Ten play even starts, you're going to judge everything on one off game? Especially when LeVert has shown he has the power to step up and drop 30? Ok.

Seriously? Before Big Ten play even starts, you're going to judge everything on one off game? Especially when LeVert has shown he has the power to step up and drop 30? Ok.

Classes end Wed at UM - maybe the worst week for a kid's concentration - they are being pulled in 100 directions. People tend to ignore that some of these kids still do go to class. The week on Midterms is a common week for upsets of the FB team as well if you look back over the years.

lol, end of basketball games are a joke. You should get 2 timeouts a half.

And that's ball game. What an embarrassment for the program. They should have just stayed in bed today. This will be a long season of getting dominated by a lot of teams in the big 10.

They can't defend inside. That's a fact. Teams will score at will.

even good teams get upset every year. I don't think we'll run away with the Big Ten, but I think we'll be in it towards the end.

yeah they lost.

We couldn't defend, we couldn't shoot except LeVert. They had one guy who seemingly didn't miss a three.

....we lost.

Are they seriously going to lose to Eastern? What the hell has happened?

Tell me again why they were supposed to be good this year? JB is a great coach but we have lost 5 of our 6 best players to early outs in 2 yrs, Morgan graduated and Horford is using his fifth year in grad school in FLA. We've lost everyone with a pulse except Lavert. If they make a serious run this year starting almost from scratch they are going to have to make space for Beilein on Mt Rushmore.

Yeah ok we may not be good this year. Hopefully newbies will improve and we'll make the tournament. Sigh. At least the Red Wings are on a roll.

I'm not really that worried. I didn't expect them to win a national title or anything, but will they be a good team by the end of the year? Yeah, book it. With apologies to Bigglesworth

Walton is hurt, the team is young, and Irvin hasn't been able to hit the ocean with a shot the last two games. I think that will get sorted out and the big guys will get some experience, and by March this team will be dangerous.

What's their rotation right now?

Walton

Levert

Irvin

Chatman

Donnal

Spike

Doyle

Beilfeldt

That's pretty not good. That's four guys that can you expect to do something good out of eight.

Chatman has to get better fast, because there isn't anyone behind him that step in. The three headed monster at center can be adequate overall. Spike can look good for short stretches, but when he is the guy that replaces chatman, that makes for a pretty unsatisfactory spread of players.

In fact, that's the lineup we have used the most.

Spike-Walton-levert-Irvin has played 35% of the team's minutes.

Spike-levert-Irvin-chatman has played 18%.

Chatman needs to improve quickly.

Yes, the SF/PF spot having everyone go pro is definitely hurting them bad this year.

However, I think that if Walton/LaVert/Irvin all play up to their ability, that is still a solid team, and I don't doubt Beilein's ability to get them doing that before too long.

Obviously if 2 of those 3 guys have an off night the team sucks though. The lack of depth due to the early departures is really showing for once.

Josh Katzenstein retweeted

Rod Beard ‏@detnewsRodBeard 20m20 minutes ago

#Arizona fans chanting, "Rich Rodriguez!" in final minutes.