thefunk

Michigan Basketball: Non-Conference GDT

Yeah, I thought it was very encouraging. Given Michigan's tradition of improving pretty significantly over the course of the season under Beilein...

If Doyle or Donnal turns into a player by the end of the year, I think this is a really good team. Which is beyond my expectations going into the season. I think Walton, Irvin, and Lavert have all taken a leap forward. Exciting.

Yeah, I thought it was very encouraging. Given Michigan's tradition of improving pretty significantly over the course of the season under Beilein...

If Doyle or Donnal turns into a player by the end of the year, I think this is a really good team. Which is beyond my expectations going into the season. I think Walton, Irvin, and Lavert have all taken a leap forward. Exciting.

not to mention LeVert may be a center before another year is out. Kid just seems to keep growing.

10 minutes until game time today. I'd love to watch, but have no BTN plus subscription. What a joke.

"big" game tonight against Syracuse, as part of the ACC/Big Ten challenge. Should be a great test. Michigan is still without Walton, unless something drastic changes.

7:30 EST, ESPN.

Tip off! Walton is playing, despite the broken toe. Crisler is full for probably the first time this year. Here we go!

Kam Chatman opens the scoring for UM. Not liking what's happening on offense here at the beginning.

Irvin drains a 3 and then gets a steal/breakaway layup/dunk. He is big and strong this year, that is for sure. 7-5 Michigan first commercial break.

Valentine is brutal. These refs are trying to make the game about themselves. It's disgusting how much this happens all across college hoops.

The zone is such a detriment to player development for Syracuse. What a pass by Spike, wow oh wow.

Walton can't make a shot. Tons of wide open shots, all off the back of the rim. LeVert had a chance to make a layup to go up 7 but he Greg Monroed it (meaning he went too hard off the glass and didn't even hit rim with his off hand).

Big Ten cleaning up the challenge series so far. Since when have they flashed the score up there like that? 4-0 Big Ten currently.

2nd game in a row against good teams where Michigan had a 8-10 point lead, Spike comes off the floor and the lead is immediately gone. He has to stay on the floor.

What a pass by Spike, weird. Up by 4 with less than 2 to go. Jesus. And they score immediately.

Wow, tie game. LeVert has had too many opportunities to put this game away, nothing but bricks.

Two games in a row, up big with little time and then nothing. Can't get a stop, can't get a bucket.