Oregon

Nicholls State

#23 Syracuse

N.J.I.T.

Eastern Michigan

#2 Arizona

#22 SMU

and Coppin State

First real game is Saturday at 2 ET, not listed right now on TV unless I'm not seeing it. Just an exhibition tonight against Wayne State, but it went as it should have with Michigan winning 86-43. Some special moments on offense because WS sucks, but Austin Hatch scoring for the first time in a Michigan jersey is pretty cool.

Some short clips of highlights here https://twitter.com/BTN_Michigan

Goes without saying that Walton, LeVert and Irvin all need to make huge strides if Michigan wants to compete for another Big Ten title. Who is to say they won't with JB at the helm?

We'll see if we suck or not then decide whether the conference games could withstand having their own threads.

GO BLUE!

My hope is that the defense will be upgraded enough to make up for the lost offense. The offense will still be good, just not #1 offense in the country (for 2 years running per kenpom!) good.

Defensively, sophomore Irvin should be a big step up over sophomore Stauskas, Chatman might be an improvement over GRIII, and the 2 guards should have improved since last year. The big question is how will Wilson/Donnal/Doyle handle the 5. Wilson and Doyle's shot blocking abilities could make up for not being as technically sound as Morgan, but that remains to be seen.

Michigan wins 92-68. Hard to come away with an impression. Michigan did what they were supposed to do, but Hillsdale had their way against our defense for awhile.

We'll get better.

Michigan wins 92-68. Hard to come away with an impression. Michigan did what they were supposed to do, but Hillsdale had their way against our defense for awhile.

We'll get better.

Yeah. I am excited for this season. Expectations are lowered, but you still expect Michigan to play structured basketball. LeVert and Irvin should be the two go-to players to start the season.

8pm game tonight against Bucknell. Will be nice to see the new additions.

Mark Donnal and Kameron Chatman both started Saturday. Both freshmen. Michigan doesn't really have a big man. Lots of freshmen will be getting minutes.

I know it's Hillsdale but I liked what Donnal and Kameron did last game. It should be really great to see what Beilein can do with another crop of extremely young guys. I could really envision a scenario where we're bemoaning some of these new "kids" and their pro career options in one or two years.

Can John Beilein coach football? I'm willing to take the chance.

It's truly fun to watch Beilien coached basketball teams. This year will be fun to watch them grow. Michigan is going to struggle against any team with a low post game. At least last year we had Morgan and Horford to defend. Freshman this year. Good shooters all over the floor though.

When we go up against the good teams, it'll be the same message as the last few years. Can we out shoot them?

6 PM EST tonight vs. Detroit. On BTN.

Last of our first three crap games and then it's Oregon. Still getting a feel for the team, but they've been fun to watch so far. I'd love to see LeVert go off in one of these easy games. I'll feel much better if he does.

I am looking forward to this one. Go home, pour some whiskey, gran the guitar and pluck away while watching some college hoops.

Horrific shooting performance so far for Michigan. Down 34-31 currently with 16-ish to play. Some easy buckets being missed, and tons of shots rimming out.

Ugly.

Misleading final score. Levert ends the night with like 21 some points, but shot 50%. That's what kind of night it was for everyone until the last three minutes.

Michigan should have won by 50.

As coach will undoubtedly point out, they did respond well to the bummer of a first half and got the job done.

Still have no idea if this is a good team or not.

Michigan should have won by 50?

I am not so sure. Detroit seemed to have a couple good players in Howard and Bass.

Michigan looks to be a .500 Big Ten team and Detroit should be in the running for the Horizon crown.

Yeah, a little hyperbole but they should usually shoot better than they did this evening. If those early shots fall this game is a runaway rout.

Having switched my DISH Network off I'm not without Big Ten Network & ESPN. So if any of you know when UM might play on a regular network, or know where I might be able to catch a game online, if you could post it here I'd appreciate it.

Having switched my DISH Network off I'm not without Big Ten Network & ESPN. So if any of you know when UM might play on a regular network, or know where I might be able to catch a game online, if you could post it here I'd appreciate it.

Not to be a prick, but you may want to check U of M's website. A number of games will be TBA based on how everything goes could go to CBS or ESPN or something. They'll have the info there.