Sign in to follow this  
tigerfn1

Viewing Tigers games with no cable TV question / options

Unfortunately the cable/satellite box has to be tuned to that channel. I have a Vulkano box which is the same as Slingbox.

Of course, if your friend has an extra box he doesn't use as often, you can hook it up to that one.

EDIT: and you've got to have a friend with a good ISP that allows at least 3MBPS upstream.

BUt does the TV itself have to be on? I have a TV in my basement we hardly use except for when we're ironing or my son is sleeping down there. If the cable box is on and tuned to FSD all the time but the TV off, will slingbox work? I could be bought.

No. The TV can be off. The box has to be turned on. But you can turn on and off the box with the software.

Haven't you heard? The Tigers window is already closed, no reason to watch them anyway.

all the more reason to stick with Dan and Jim on the radio then.

Having just watched the movie Interstellar, I can relay a way that you can watch every Tiger game that ever occurred but you have to receive this information via a spoiler for the movie.

Rather than relay that...I'll just say this:

back.jpg

If you really want to drop off the grid, buy a cabin in the wilderness of Montana, grow a lot of facial hair. Just don't mail bombs. That will get you back on the grid.

Speaking.

Well, sort of.

all the more reason to stick with Dan and Jim on the radio then.

Came here to post this.

Gonna be a tough decision....

I thought maybe I get a little further 'off the grid' and cancel cable....

Keep Internet access and do Hulu plus or Netflix to keep kids happy.....

Just no way around the live sports problem....

I've lived for three years now with just a radio subscription to the Tigers and netflix for whatever else. Baseball is so much better on the radio anyway. You just put it on and go outside and do whatever you do. You don't have to watch irrelevant stats like 'batting average with one out, runner on second' come up. Dan tells you everything you need to know.

Yes... unfortunately there's no proper way to watch the Tigers from Macomb County without subscribing to cable or satellite. THe various packages like MLB At Bat or MLB.TV will black out the local team.

Now some say it can be done in other ways but I'm not sure we should discuss it publicly.

I have a friend who is without cable and at one point did pick up an ESPN feed for Venezuela for one of the Tiger games. He wasn't messing around with settings or anything, just browsing through apple TV or whatever he uses. He got to watch but it was in Spanish which is still better than Rod and Mario.

I pirate stream some of the Lions games. Usually a mexican feed. The commercials are great.

Edecanes_Tecate(1).jpg

Has anyone tried this before?

https://unlocator.com/channel/mlb-tv/

Interesting service. $5 a month is freaking cheap. We our just coming out of our discounted all access cable subscription and it will now be about $220 a month (was $186). I'm dropping the premium channels now and I would love to ditch cable TV completely. $2400 a year for TV is asinine.

I tried to watch the Chicago/Baltimore game and it said I was blacked out. I went to www.kproxy.com and installed the Google Chrome extension. I chose an international server and went back to mlb.tv and was able to now view the game. With the Chromecast extension through Chrome, I was able to stream it to my TV. It was a little laggy but I'm not sure if that was the feed or my internet connection. I still want to test it but maybe some on here would like to give it a try.

I tried to watch the Chicago/Baltimore game and it said I was blacked out. I went to KPROXY - Free Anonymous Web Proxy - Anonymous Proxy and installed the Google Chrome extension. I chose an international server and went back to mlb.tv and was able to now view the game. With the Chromecast extension through Chrome, I was able to stream it to my TV. It was a little laggy but I'm not sure if that was the feed or my internet connection. I still want to test it but maybe some on here would like to give it a try.

The free version limits the amount of time you can use the proxy. Realistically you would need the paid version to stream MLB games.