cruzer1

Jim Harbaugh to Michigan rumors gaining steam...

I was just reading some other predictions. Several think he stays in Cali and takes over the Raiders. They have some nice, young talent on that team. It seems like an ideal spot for him if he decides to stay in the NFL.

The Raiders are still a mess and the only thing they have going for them is their location. If Harbaugh picks a team based on talent, potential and his past, then the Bears are the team to worry about.

The Raiders are still a mess and the only thing they have going for them is their location. If Harbaugh picks a team based on his talent, potential and his past, then the Bears are the team to worry about.

That's a good call, although I've heard quite a few commentators question how the Raiders aren't a better team with all the talent they've gotten the past 3-4 years in the draft. The Bears would make sense, and I've got a feeling that if Harbaugh was even remotely interested, they'd make him an offer he couldn't refuse.

The Raiders are still a mess and the only thing they have going for them is their location. If Harbaugh picks a team based on talent, potential and his past, then the Bears are the team to worry about.

The Bears are one of the oldest teams in the league (if not THE oldest). They signed Cutler and Marshall to 3 year extensions before the season started. They have zero talent on defense and they have very conservative ownership. I am not sure why the Bears roster makes them exciting.

And their GM is in year three and coach in year two. It would be very un-Bearlike for the McCaskey's to fire them.

However, as a Bear hater, it is my worst nightmare for them to get smart and hire Harbaugh.

The Bears are one of the oldest teams in the league (if not THE oldest). They signed Cutler and Marshall to 3 year extensions before the season started. They have zero talent on defense and they have very conservative ownership. I am not sure why the Bears roster makes them exciting.

And their GM is in year three and coach in year two. It would be very un-Bearlike for the McCaskey's to fire them.

However, as a Bear hater, it is my worst nightmare for them to get smart and hire Harbaugh.

I agree.....I just can't see Harbaugh with the Bears or the Raiders. The Bears don't have a quarterback, and you just don't go into an NFL situation without one.....or the #1 pick in a draft with a sure thing coming out of college that year. At this point I don't think Mariotta or Winston fit that criteria. Mariotta because of trick scheme, and Winston because he appears to be Vince Young. Maybe there is someone else....but I haven't followed it close enough.

The Raiders are too dysfunctional. They may give him all the power....which would solve the dysfunction. But they are at risk of moving to San Antonio, or Los Angeles.....

Edited by berneree

I'm sure it's just hopeful M fans skewing their profit line.

The proximity of SF to Reno has been a problem with Lines in the past.

Well, CBS says he wants to stay in the NFL and isn't interested in moving

Their NFL reporter says that.

apparently on the message boards they're talking about how Michigan would be making Harbaugh the highest paid coach in football. NFL or College.

What do random NFL types get if Harbaugh stays in NFL vs. College? I mean who benefits from that? The reporting suggests that Harbaugh has done something that he couldn't do...talk about a job while he has another job.

The NFL reporters who are claiming that he isn't coming cited at least a couple things that just are not so: That Harbaugh is offended by the rough treatment of Hoke. Per the Michigan insiders they treated Hoke with great respect because the Carr's and other Bo disciples and Harbaugh insisted that Hoke be treated well.

Also, that Harbaugh is still steamed at "Michigan" for not having been asked in 2008 or 2011 or having been handled without respect. That was a different group of individuals and they are gone now.

He may not be coming but i see through the smoke screen that he's definitely not.

The proximity of SF to Reno has been a problem with Lines in the past.

Really? SF to Reno is 220 miles. LA to Las Vegas is 260 miles.

Of course, SF to South Lake Tahoe is only 190 miles, which is where I would go to place my bets.

Really? SF to Reno is 220 miles. LA to Las Vegas is 260 miles.

So, here is the logic. That drive is about 3-4 hours. The average punter (I mean that like the English slang) runs to Vegas or to Reno with his hot tips about the California NFL teams (be it injury rumor or whatever) and it skews the betting lines.

There was some info from the good old days of the Debartolos (of Youngstown, Ohio) who used to own the 49ers being mobbed up.

The NFL's Dirty Secret | San Diego Reader

The NFL & The Mafia, Moldea Book Celebrates Silver Anniversary - The Gangster ReportThe Gangster Report

Ryan Sakamoto @SakamotoRyan · 16m 16 minutes ago

#49ers Harbaugh on Michigan job via NFL Network: "Leaders eat last. My number one priority is winning football games."

Leaders eat last...like, he is the leader as a coach and worries about himself last?

Or that Michigan are "leaders", as in leaders and best, and we have to wait for a decision?

Either way, if he didn't want to come he would so easily just say "No, I'm not going to Michigan". So you know he's at least considering it. Which, I'd much rather go into our first game next year with Harbaugh imagining himself as our coach than a real Brady Hoke actually coaching us.

Full quote:

Harbaugh responded saying, “As a principle, I don’t talk about any other job than the one that I have. Leaders eat last. My number one priority is winning football games. Second priority is the welfare of our players, coaches, all our staff for the welfare of our team. And lastly my own personal professional future.”

So it looks like he is the Leader he's responding too. Unless he's fired, looks like if it's gonna be Jim we won't have an answer until SF's season is officially mathematically over.

Obviously, if San Fran loses in Seattle they are pretty much done. There is only one scenario where a 9-7 San Fran makes the playoffs:

Detroit would have to lose out

One of Philly or Dallas would have to lose out

San Fran wins their last two games

St Louis must lose 1 game.

In the above scenario, if the Rams win out and go 9-7 they would make the playoffs.