Sign in to follow this  
thefunk

Drake Johnson

Real deal, flash in the pan?

The most polished turd or a revelation for the next two seasons?

2 things - 1)- Ind is not a good team. 2) he is listed at 211 but looks a lot slighter than that to me. Can he hold up?

But hey, any light in the darkness for this team is good news.

I know it was "just indiana", but I feel like his performance was something we haven't seen since Denard left. And yet he's doing it the right way, as a RB.

Quick, explosive....he made people miss! All things I haven't seen any back do for Michigan this year.

I didn't get to see the game Saturday, but from what I can gather he showed an explosiveness, elusiveness, & ability to see holes & make people miss that the others have not.

My bigger concern is why have we not seen him before now? I don't have any inside knowledge & I don't like to be the type that makes inflammatory statements & shoot people down, but it really makes me question Hoke as a coach. I realize it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'll be gone anyway, but I wonder if he holds to the idea that "All things being equal, you go with the more veteran player." If so, that's a problem. If not, his ability to recognize & develop talent is a question mark - & that's a problem.

I didn't get to see the game Saturday, but from what I can gather he showed an explosiveness, elusiveness, & ability to see holes & make people miss that the others have not.

My bigger concern is why have we not seen him before now? I don't have any inside knowledge & I don't like to be the type that makes inflammatory statements & shoot people down, but it really makes me question Hoke as a coach. I realize it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he'll be gone anyway, but I wonder if he holds to the idea that "All things being equal, you go with the more veteran player." If so, that's a problem. If not, his ability to recognize & develop talent is a question mark - & that's a problem.

Hoke claimed he has been hurt.

To be more specific, in the post game walk-off camera op she asked him where Johnson had been and Hoke said "He's coming off injury"

Edited by Gehringer_2

Even though it was Just Indiana, it feels like they haven't had a good back in many games that were against just [fill in the blank] so I'm going to be optimistic about it.

I've had happy feelings all week with regards to DJ, and they will continue until he runs wild against Northwestern, or until he has 4 carries, 3 fumbles and 1 torn MCL.

All this is assuming Brady Joke is smart enough to play him.

Even though it was Just Indiana, it feels like they haven't had a good back in many games that were against just [fill in the blank] so I'm going to be optimistic about it.

It' a young O-Line and it's always possible they improve later in the season. The team could close the season stronger, but still hard to see them handling OSU or any good team with Gardner at QB. I suppose lightning could strike and he could be sharp that day, but the odds are never favorable with Devon.

Hoke claimed he has been hurt.

To be more specific, in the post game walk-off camera op she asked him where Johnson had been and Hoke said "He's coming off injury"

He blew his knee out last year.

That would explain it. Thanks for the info.