Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Will Bynum traded for Joel Anthony

This doesn't change much since they still are over the limit on guaranteed deals. Although it might mean the heart situation with Gray is pretty serious.

I see little value in a guy like Anthony. I am glad Bynum is gone because it clears up the back court for Jennings/Augustine/Dinwiddie, but why not just go with a young big man over Anthony?

My guess is Gray will be let go because of the heart condition.

I can't see an issue with this move in a vacuum. Joel Anthony in my opinion is a better backup big man than Bynum is a back up guard and seems to be a good lockerroom guy as well.

What's not to get? Bynum doesn't fit this team at all and we have issues at backup C. THey make about the same and are FAs at the end of the year. Nice, easy deal. I always kind of figured when SVG was hired Bynum wouldn't be on the opening day roster. It caught me off guard being this late though

What's not to get? Bynum doesn't fit this team at all and we have issues at backup C. THey make about the same and are FAs at the end of the year. Nice, easy deal. I always kind of figured when SVG was hired Bynum wouldn't be on the opening day roster. It caught me off guard being this late though

Yeah, I don't really get why someone wouldn't understand this move. You cant start a season with only two C's.

I guess I just don't understand the player they traded for. Bynum must really have zero value.

At the end of the day though, while I never like losing Harrelson for Gray, I like losing him for Anthony even less.

Anthony is an improvement over Gray. Neither one is anything to write home about, but Anthony is a better defender and rim protector.

Plus he is a veteran who has won two titles. It doesn't hurt to have a guy like that around some of the young guys.

Anthony is an improvement over Gray. Neither one is anything to write home about, but Anthony is a better defender and rim protector.

Plus he is a veteran who has won two titles. It doesn't hurt to have a guy like that around some of the young guys.

This, pretty much. Anthony, at his best, can really defend the rim and give some nice effort minutes here and there.

This trade wasn't sexy, but it moved surplus at one position and supplied stability at another.

I get the feeling sometime in December Bynum will get a 10-day contract from someone and probably latch on to that team for the rest of the season.