Deleterious

2014 Preseason Games

With only two games on TV I didn't see much sense in making individual threads.

First game is Tuesday October 7th against Chicago at 7:30.

This game is on NBATV

I bolded that so our out of state friends would notice it and be able to watch.

It will be interesting to see Mirotic play. Lots of good things coming out of Chicago about him so far in camp. He had a big game tonight, something like 17 points in 22 minutes.

Following the Tigers' loss & the way the Lions' booted it on Sunday, suddenly I'm very interested in this upcoming Pistons' season.

Following the Tigers' loss & the way the Lions' booted it on Sunday, suddenly I'm very interested in this upcoming Pistons' season.

My condolences, not necessarily for the Tigers and Lions losses but moreso because you find the Pistons upcoming season interesting.

JK. I'm actually interested in this season too. Not because of any expectations but moreso because i'm thirsting for Pistons basketball no matter how putrid it might be.

I am intrigued to see what Stan Van can do with this mismatched roster. I have a feeling that KCP will really flourish in his system.

Be nice to watch a few hoops, that's for sure. I watched some Celtics/Sixers last night, Evan Turner was the best played on the floor.

I wonder why Jeff never wanted to get back into coaching. He must love the ease of broadcasting.

I wonder why Jeff never wanted to get back into coaching. He must love the ease of broadcasting.

His youngest kid is in grade school. Probably just wanted to be a dad for a bit.

Definitely looking forward to the game tonight. My wife was super excited as well to get back to the Palace for the start of a new season after the bad taste that was left in our mouths last season. There were times I questioned continuing my ticket package. New season, new hopes.

As NYLion said, I'm interested in seeing what this team of talented boneheads can do under Stan. If you look back at our thoughts from this time last year, a lot of us really thought this team had the talent to make a splash. The only splash was the cold water of reality dumped on our heads. But still I do wonder how much of that was just us being delusional and how much was the coaching, chemistry, and culture.

I'm curious to see how Stan and the effort guys (KCP, Meeks, Butler, Augustine, etc) can start to change the identity of this team and start the process of building a new culture here - one that I can feel good about rooting for again, regardless of the numbers in the win column.

Definitely looking forward to the game tonight. My wife was super excited as well to get back to the Palace for the start of a new season after the bad taste that was left in our mouths last season. There were times I questioned continuing my ticket package. New season, new hopes.

As NYLion said, I'm interested in seeing what this team of talented boneheads can do under Stan. If you look back at our thoughts from this time last year, a lot of us really thought this team had the talent to make a splash. The only splash was the cold water of reality dumped on our heads. But still I do wonder how much of that was just us being delusional and how much was the coaching, chemistry, and culture.

I'm curious to see how Stan and the effort guys (KCP, Meeks, Butler, Augustine, etc) can start to change the identity of this team and start the process of building a new culture here - one that I can feel good about rooting for again, regardless of the numbers in the win column.

Never understood why anyone thought this team had talent to do anything last year. The people suggesting 50 wins just blew my mind.

Freedom. ;)

I think the hiring of Cheeks was looked at like a big negative going into the season and played out as expected...even worse to be honest, though had he stayed on we probably would have won another 3-5 games and then gotten the #1 pick in the draft.

One thing I will be watching for: how much bigger does Brandon Jennings look.

Jennings with a PNR lob to Drummond. Another long jumper from Smith...again he makes it.

Bulls announcer had a good synopsis of Smith's start: good...he made two shots; bad...they were both outside shots so he will probably want to shoot more.

At least he has not shot a three pointer yet. I do expect his three point attempts to be about cut in half this year to something closer to his career average.

7 minutes left in the first quarter and Jennings has 5 assists. I think 3 of them are to Drummond.

He really does have good court vision. I am more interested if he shows effort on defense.