T&P_Fan

2014-2015 NHL Season Discussion Thread

Sounds like some youth players I know.:wink:

Hey, I really don't follow Toronto at all and I know I could look it up, but is the Babcock to Toronto thing still a hope?

It's a hope in the sense that if Babcock actually hits the open market the Leafs are likely to out spend anyone. If the wings don't lock him up before the summer the Leafs will back the brinks truck up to Babcocks house. They have an interim coach right now and he will assuredly be gone.

The appeal to Babcock? Not so sure. I guess it's canada and he will make a lot of money. But the Leafs are in rebuild mode (for the 10th straight season).

It's a hope in the sense that if Babcock actually hits the open market the Leafs are likely to out spend anyone. If the wings don't lock him up before the summer the Leafs will back the brinks truck up to Babcocks house. They have an interim coach right now and he will assuredly be gone.

The appeal to Babcock? Not so sure. I guess it's canada and he will make a lot of money. But the Leafs are in rebuild mode (for the 10th straight season).

No chance at Babcock unless you win the McDavid sweepstakes, IMO. A coach can only do so much, and Babcock knows this. He has seen the drop-off since Carlyle got fired. The Leafs today don't give him enough to work with. He could re-sign with the Wings for 3 more years and re-consider the Leafs at that time.

No chance at Babcock unless you win the McDavid sweepstakes, IMO. A coach can only do so much, and Babcock knows this. He has seen the drop-off since Carlyle got fired. The Leafs today don't give him enough to work with. He could re-sign with the Wings for 3 more years and re-consider the Leafs at that time.

Hard to disagree with this.

Nonis has put the Leafs in a tough spot. After Burke got fired Nonis made some bizzare moves. Now Phil Kessel is going all he-man on the media defending Dion. That entire roster is a gong show.

I would like to see Kessel and Phanuef shipped out of town, they ooze loser. Kessel finally finds something to be passionate about..hating the media. That dude won't hit, won't backcheck, won't hustle. Everything that Gilmour, Sundin and Clark wasn't. From 93 (when I became a leafs fan) til 2003 they were a fun team to watch because they had good leaders. Right now they are deficient of talent and need to be sanitized.

The San Jose Sharks are going to miss the playoffs.

The Boston Bruins and LA Kings are both on the bubble - both currently sit outside the playoffs.

Next time McGuire.

One can hope.

I'd prefer a puck somehow make its way up to Eddie Olczyk.

The Stanley Cup was late getting to the building and did not get into the building until AFTER the game was over? Are you kidding me? If you could get the two teams in the building, you can get the Cup in the building. Clusterbleep, Gary.