T&P_Fan

2014-2015 NHL Season Discussion Thread

Finally, it's time to drop the puck again.

Let me start off with a Maple Leafs joke so we can put that behind us:

Q: What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

A: They both look good until they hit the ice!

Now, on to serious business. The Leafs and Habs play Wednesday at 7pm to kick off the season. Today they put Colton Orr and Frazier McLaren on waivers, both enforcer types, meaning they have no player of that ilk left on the roster...a step in the right direction. I do expect the Leafs to make the playoffs, which means my heart will be ripped out sometime in late march or early April.

To another season. Discuss if you please.

Edited by T&P_Fan

Q: Why did the Post Office recall their latest stamps?

A: They had pictures of Maple Leafs players on them and people couldn't figure out which side to spit on.

No one in America at least.

However, today is game day. It's fitting, Tigers season is over and now I can seamlessly switch over to the NHL and NBA.

No one in America at least.

However, today is game day. It's fitting, Tigers season is over and now I can seamlessly switch over to the NHL and NBA.

1390592069566.jpg

Nobody cares about the Reds (and Billy Hamilton)...wasn't completely lost on me.

Then why did you have to ruin it by being all serious and stuff? :lick:

I am not the most up to date on hockey, but isn't being a Maple Leafs fan the equivalent of being a White Sox fan?

I wouldn't say that. The White Sox at least won a championship recently. Being a Leafs fan is more similar to being a Lions fan. The Leafs are well received outside of Canada.

I am not the most up to date on hockey, but isn't being a Maple Leafs fan the equivalent of being a White Sox fan?

I'd guess being a Leafs fan is similar to being a Wings fan in the late 80's.

Actually I think being a Leafs fans is similar to being one of the prostitutes of the Marquis de Sade. Maybe worse, because the prostitutes got paid for short term encounters while Leafs fans shell out bug bucks for the privilege of being abused for years on end.

The Leafs lost in true Leafs fashion last night. Outplayed the majority of the game, but had it tied with less than a minute to go. With about 40 secs left a centering pass hit a leafs players skate and went right into the net. Leafs lose 4-3.

The same problems they had last year, they had last night. How can a team of wingers be so consistently bad at protecting the points? Wingers shouldn't ever need to be below the faceoff dot.

Actually I think being a Leafs fans is similar to being one of the prostitutes of the Marquis de Sade. Maybe worse, because the prostitutes got paid for short term encounters while Leafs fans shell out bug bucks for the privilege of being abused for years on end.

I had to google this phrase. Led me to some interesting stuff.

Way to go, Pittsburgh. Played the Canadian national anthem before tonight's Flyers-Penguins game

Edited by lordstanley

Sounds like Zdeno Chara will be out for at least a month with left knee ligament damage.

Krug out 2-3. Boston likely doesn't have a.top pairing defenseman right now, and their offense has definitely taken a hit with Kelly and Gagne on line 2 right now. Record is mediocre as well.

Loving every moment.

How can a team of wingers be so consistently bad at protecting the points? Wingers shouldn't ever need to be below the faceoff dot.

Please come speak to my son's team.

Wingers should never be below the faceoff dot? Lol

Face off dot?, Heck, Gretzky never even got below the blue line. :laugh::silly:

Center's perogative I guess!

Edited by Gehringer_2

Wingers should never be below the faceoff dot? Lol

If you stick around long enough you will learn not to take what I say literally. But you get my point, in general you want the wings not to get too low in the zone.

Leafs won their 3rd straight tonight, Kessel with 16 points after 11 games.

If you stick around long enough you will learn not to take what I say literally. But you get my point, in general you want the wings not to get too low in the zone.

Leafs won their 3rd straight tonight, Kessel with 16 points after 11 games.

Oh thank god I thought you were serious. Tats missed a player the other night (Grossman?) below the dot which coat a goal.

Mule to play with Gus and Helm. Nesty out?