ROMAD1

The Next AD

Nothing about that surprises me.

He's toast.

What a weird dude. Why does he feel the need to respond in the first place? And when he does, how hard is it to just say "I understand your frustration. We are trying to get better and I hope we have your continued support" even if he truly doesn't care about it.

actaully Romad, there are something like 20000 UM health care system employees alone, if you mulitply 20K by the relevance factor you have about your job versus 100K times that Lfor your football team, those people alone swing the balance. The medical research budget alone is probably bigger than the football TV contract for the whole conference (~a couple hundred million IIRC)

Yeah, the research budget is $466 million. Total operating budget is $3.3 billion and that's growing. Also, it has 26,000 employees. Its gigantic. Schlissel was a leading medical scientist for 2 decades so that's going to be his major focus. Silicon Valley has a stranglehold on lots of areas of tech, but there are still lots of opportunities in health care and education that have been untouched and U of M has ample resources to push the health system to greater heights with the right person in charge.

So usually the new coaching search is done in December into early January. How long will it take to get a new AD once Brandon is fired?

So usually the new coaching search is done in December into early January. How long will it take to get a new AD once Brandon is fired?

I'm guessing he's fired by mid November. That gives a month to land a new AD, then a month for the new AD to hire a coach and then a month for the new coach to fill out the recruiting class. Give or take a week or so with each, but things will need to start happening quickly.

If you believe the rumors, they have already reached out to candidates.

I would think an interim ad would be put in place, with the new guy in charge after a couple weeks.

They should fire brandon in the next couple weeks. Have the new guy hired the day after osu. That would be ideal.

Fire hike that week and make nussmeier interim coach if they somehow make a bowl game.

She's just bitter that Brandon worked for Domino's.

Funny that, Brandon was the CEO who took Domino's down the toilet, how did he end up at Michigan as the AD anyway?

After Brandon left, Domino's ran commercials announcing that their Pizza no longer sucked, they were under new management and were using good ingredients, begging the public to please retry them.

This will tell us stuff we already could guess

What The Michigan Regents Meeting Means For Dave Brandon

I don't think anybody will care about their political persuasion's once Brandon is gone, whether he's conservative/liberal or jedi doesn't matter, the marquee sports program at the marquee school in the state of Michigan is a huge mess under his care.

Funny that, Brandon was the CEO who took Domino's down the toilet, how did he end up at Michigan as the AD anyway?

After Brandon left, Domino's ran commercials announcing that their Pizza no longer sucked, they were under new management and were using good ingredients, begging the public to please retry them.

580x322xScreen,P20Shot,P202014-01-12,P20at,P203.22.15,P20PM.png.pagespeed.ic.sYpg3y-SKw.png

I don't think anybody will care about their political persuasion's once Brandon is gone, whether he's conservative/liberal or jedi doesn't matter, the marquee sports program at the marquee school in the state of Michigan is a huge mess under his care.

I think my concerns that this was mere political posturing by the twin evils of Bernstein and Denise Illitch have been overcome by events.

My comment was meant purely as tongue in cheek.

mgoblog ‏@mgoblog 36s37 seconds ago

Now getting buried in more condescending emails from Brandon.

What a weird dude. Why does he feel the need to respond in the first place? And when he does, how hard is it to just say "I understand your frustration. We are trying to get better and I hope we have your continued support" even if he truly doesn't care about it.

This is where I am at.

He comes across as an individual that just has to get the last word in.

This is where I am at.

Sounds like a guy I know.

This is where I am at.

absolutely. A guy in that position has a twitter account for one reason only - to spread the company line. To go beyond that in any way to engage or react in that arena is such a juvenile thing for a person in a position like that to do it would be about all I needed to know about him if I were Schlissel.

absolutely. A guy in that position has a twitter account for one reason only - to spread the company line. To go beyond that in any way to engage or react in that arena is such a juvenile thing for a person in a position like that to do it would be about all I needed to know about him if I were Schlissel.

Exhibit 1,000,000,000 of "what the gd are you doing to the brand of the U-M Ross School of Business with this craptacularly shambolic executive behavior?"

Halloween fools day?

UM release is out -- Announcement by University of Michigan President Mark Schlissel today at 1:30

Sounds about right. It was only a matter of time before the dominoes (ha) started to fall.

It's a glorious day. A very predictable outcome given the events of the last few months, but its nice to have it confirmed.