ROMAD1

The Next AD

well one thing is for sure, Hensen is on another planet if he thinks Schlissel's job is in jeopardy over Brandon and Hoke at this point.

well one thing is for sure, Hensen is on another planet if he thinks Schlissel's job is in jeopardy over Brandon and Hoke at this point.

Yeah, that seems silly.

I read this which sounds like the typical "i'm not interested" thing you would see about something that was probably floated off-the-record.

On The Fly: Warde Manuel On Michigan Rumors - Hartford Courant

Yeah, that seems silly.

I read this which sounds like the typical "i'm not interested" thing you would see about something that was probably floated off-the-record.

On The Fly: Warde Manuel On Michigan Rumors - Hartford Courant

I bet they would love Bates though, advanced degrees are big selling points for UM Athletic personnel. In the past one of the things that has limited their coaching choice universe is that they will not hire a non-degreed head coach (there are a lot of them out there). That probably won't change.

I bet they would love Bates though, advanced degrees are big selling points for UM Athletic personnel. In the past one of the things that has limited their coaching choice universe is that they will not hire a non-degreed head coach (there are a lot of them out there). That probably won't change.

I recall a third name from earlier...can't remember the actual name...but it seemed to be associated with a southern non SEC program. Let me think about that one.

John Back Bacon throws some water on this btw

https://twitter.com/Johnubacon/status/516704417957945344

FYI, my proverbial "well placed sources" tell me the reports of UM starting a search for a new AD (Bates, Manual, etc.) are NOT true. FWIW.

Oh...this I didn't know

John U. Bacon ‏@Johnubacon Sep 29

@EricCozart Straight up: Bo wanted Bates to be Michigan's next AD (this was in 2006), and said exactly that on the record, in the book.

I hate to cite anything done on the Huge show...he seems like a horses rear.

Who Does One Michigan Expert Think Will Be The Next Michigan AD & Head Coach

Basically John U Bacon says...Brad Bates and Jim Harbaugh are a lock the minute that Brandon is gone.

I see Bacon saying in other places that either Harbaugh would be considered. I don't think the new prez would go for Jim and I'm not sure he's interested in paying a coach 7 or 8 million a year. I guess we'll see if people like Ross can make him see things differently.

The University are nitwits if they keep Brandon.

true....which means the chances of keeping brandon are high.

I see Bacon saying in other places that either Harbaugh would be considered. I don't think the new prez would go for Jim and I'm not sure he's interested in paying a coach 7 or 8 million a year. I guess we'll see if people like Ross can make him see things differently.

RE Ross:Exactly. Definitely agree the U will be reluctant to give any FB coach today's top FB coach salary but they might well fudge it if they can get a big donor to gift part of it so the U can say their piece is no more that what they are paying Brady (just as a hypothetical example).

She was probably mad when he left Domino's, made business easy for LC.

So when does Brandon get fired? Immediately after the thorough trouncing against Ohio State?

Denise didn't really say anything. It was said in relation to the concussion thing.

I doubt dave Brandon's job status or overall performance will be discussed.

Denise didn't really say anything. It was said in relation to the concussion thing.

I doubt dave Brandon's job status or overall performance will be discussed.

Yup, the ESPN report is a little too breathless for the context of what D Ilitch actually said. Of course the Regents will want to hear that the athletic dept has a plan to get a better handle on concussions- beyond that she didn't say much and more or less punted off the idea of any performance driven decisions on Brady et al being made at least until after the season.

Yup, the ESPN report is a little too breathless for the context of what D Ilitch actually said. Of course the Regents will want to hear that the athletic dept has a plan to get a better handle on concussions- beyond that she didn't say much and more or less punted off the idea of any performance driven decisions on Brady et al being made at least until after the season.

The Regents are meeting regarding Dave Brandon. He will show up Wayne Fontes style with the Lacross team in tow