Motor City Sonics

Michigan fans......If Les, Jim and John are off the table....who do you want?

Okay, It's pretty safe to say Brady's going to be fired in November. I would be absolutely stunning if he or Dave Brandon survive. The three big names everyone mentions are Les Miles, Jim Harbaugh and John Harbaugh.

From what I have heard and understand there is no way Les Miles will ever be the head coach of Michigan (something allegedly happened when he was here, not going into the details - never rub another man's rhubarb).

I don't think Jim Harbaugh is coming here because he'd want too much power and there wouldn't be an AD (Brandon, Bates or otherwise) that would want to deal with his attitude. Also Harbaugh is a California guy. If he does leave the 49ers, it wouldn't shock me at all to see him take over the Raiders or Chargers.

John Harbaugh could happen. He said no way in a presser this week, but what else is he going to say "Yeah, I have been really hoping to ditch my current team while we are 3-1"?

But if those three are off the table ............Answer me two questions.

Who do you want to coach Michigan Football?

Who do you think will end up coaching Michigan Football.

Please just Michigan fans........

Dan Mullen or Pat Narduzzi (yeah I said it) are the guys I would want if they can't get those three. Actually, I'd take them over Les. I like Les, but that ship has sailed.

I do think they will pull in a Harbaugh, but I'm a fool. Jim would be my preference, attitude and all.

I can name a bunch of guys I don't want Michigan to even glance at. If they hire a guy like Schiano, I'm done.

Edited by hail2mich

Tom Herman, Ohio State's OC, is literally a genius and is going to be a hot shot HC one day. I doubt it would happen, but if the top proven guys are off the board, I'd like to see them target up and coming candidates like Herman. I like the idea of Mullen, but I don't think its a given he'd leave Mississipi State while top assistant coaches rarely turn down HC job offers from high paying programs.

Edited by Scottwood

Dan Mullen.

Jim Harbaugh is not coming here. John Harbaugh is not coming here.

Les Miles would come here, but he's 61 years old with a reputation for playing fast and loose with the rules. Michigan is desperate enough to hire him (and I wouldn't have a problem if they did), but I would be really surprised if he's the choice.

Somebody that can coach for a change. Don't really care what his name is.

Cop out.

Give me a name or two. Come on.......

Who would I want that could be had? Mark Richt, of Georgia. Georgia is always a contender in the toughest conference in America. He's a Midwest guy (Nebraska) I think he could bring Michigan back quickly. Yes, he has a contract through 2017 at 3.2. He'd get a raise at Michigan. Contracts can be broken. But would he want to inherit a mess like ours? He'll have plenty of good recruits.

Who do I think will be the next Head Coach? Pat Fitzgerald of Northwestern. He's made Northwestern competetive ever year and Northwestern does not get top recruits.

People say nobody wants this job. I think that's true if L. Ron Brandon stays, but I think he'll be gone, even if Stephen Ross wants him to stay. This job is actually attractive still. Plenty of good recruits that need to be coached. The next guy gets to take over something that's broken right now, but with a strong foundation. The next guy can't seemingly do worse than the last two. Would that be possible?

Les Miles just doesn't seem like the kind of person who could survive in a program like Michigan's with the scrutiny of excessive practices and frowning upon sexual assault by players.

I'd like Narduzzi because I think it would ruin Dantonio and MSU while also giving us a good coach, double whammy.

Otherwise yeah, I'd rather roll the dice on any other top level assistant. Ideally with a new AD that is actually competent at interviewing and judging them.

I don't see many current HCs who would be:

1. Good

2. Willing to come here

Art Briles.

I don't think he's leaving Baylor. New facilities. Program is set up to his liking. Poised to be one of the top coaches in its history. Ties are in the south. I don't think he's leaving Baylor.

I don't think he's leaving Baylor. New facilities. Program is set up to his liking. Poised to be one of the top coaches in its history. Ties are in the south. I don't think he's leaving Baylor.

You may be right, but that's the kind of guy I'd like to go after. I have no idea who the up & coming coordinators are, but I'd rather have someone with head coaching experience.

You may be right, but that's the kind of guy I'd like to go after. I have no idea who the up & coming coordinators are, but I'd rather have someone with head coaching experience.

Briles is old and not leaving Baylor for Michigan. He wouldn't take the Texas job why the hell would take the Michigan job?

At this point are we sure Mullen would leave Mississippi St. for Michigan?

I have $5 million reasons why he would. However, I doubt he will come since he'll get offered the Florida job and probably take it.

Might as well start lining up the impressive array of "Michigan Men" to give the job to. Like Scott Loeffler (gag).

It's a good thing Kirk Ferentz is old and has the worst contract in college football or else the Lloyd slappies might be all over that. Schiano will probably be up on their list too.

Maybe Stanford's coach wants a raise? He clicks a couple boxes for the Michigan community (runs pro offense, academic school, minority candidate).

I don't want Narduzzi. Not until he goes somewhere and proves he can be a head coach.

Al Golden from Miami?

Miles and Harbaugh squared are not coming to UM. It's not a good option for them plus Brandon is too Type A to deal with another strong Type A personality. If Brandon is in charge if the next HC search, I think we're looking at another unexpected, low profile guy that Brandon can somewhat control.

Bill Belichick wouldn't be bad. Imagine how He'd handle concussion-gate.

I wouldn't mind Schiano. The OSU OC is a good idea. Not sure we could lure Mullen,but I'd take it. Pat Fitzgerald is interesting, but I'd rather shoot higher. Kirby Smart definitely intrigues me.

Arizona's new coach has them on the rise, we could probably get him if we gave him a raise.... lol

I want a coach who I feel can recruit and deliver those kids to a national championship. People have already mentioned names I like ala Kirby Smart, Dan Mullen and Narduzzi. One name I'll throw into the hat is Todd Graham, Arizona St. head coach. I think there is potential that he could recruit Pac-10 country. Also his track record has been pretty good, included in that is major conference experience.

In the interest of not fighting the same old battles I'll be brief and say that I'd still call my boy Chris P. in Washington. Even if the chances are as good as Lloyd Christmas dating Mary Swanson.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad