Sign in to follow this  
hail2mich

GDT: Michigan at Rutgers 10/4/2014

FG on the opening drive. Nice to get points right away. Suspect call on 3rd and short. Can't rely on the OL to create space.

could this BTN announcer yell any louder for Rutgers? He is seriously SCREAMING into the microphone with every positive play for the knights.

Good drive by Michigan there. Gardner looks calm. 10-6 UM.

He looks nothing like the guy who started 4 games this season. Like you said, he looks calm and in command. His throws are much better.

I really feel bad for Gardner. He's just getting buried every play and they have no run game. It was only a matter of time for an interception.

I don't know how this program can preach toughness and old fashioned football and so on and have had outright horrendous o-line play every single year of Hoke's tenure.

That alone seems reason enough to fire him.

total offensive ineptitude by both teams in the 2nd half. M can't deal with the blitz at all. It's like they've don't have a screen, draw, trap or rollout in the playbook.....

and then the INT.

total offensive ineptitude by both teams in the 2nd half. M can't deal with the blitz at all. It's like they've don't have a screen, draw, trap or rollout in the playbook.....

and then the INT.

I don't think Michigan has a single player on the team that can block. Maybe they should just have every WR run a streak pattern and have Gardner bomb it immediately like when I'm playing Madden.

Well, and somehow it gets confirmed.

I guess the next time a receiver catches the ball, takes two steps, and dives forward it will be an incomplete catch and not a fumble

edit: Did Hoke actually lose his last TWO timeouts on that one play? What a coach

And now a 56 yard FG attempt

ugh...why wasn't that an NCAA catch? I would think maybe not an NFL catch...but sheesh

That is ridiculous. If there was a protest system like in baseball.....

I'm not saying they played well enough to win this game or not, but to have the game potentially swing on a call like that.....

I can't even comprehend attempting a FIFTY SIX YARD FIELD GOAL against a team known for blocking a ton of kicks with a kicker who has shown zero reliability in his entire career

Does Michigan offer scholarships to kickers? It seems like they should.

Well yes, because the kicker should definitely have buried that 56 yard kick against a team that has blocked 12 kicks in the last 3 seasons.

We should offer a scholarship to a coach

Does Michigan offer scholarships to kickers? It seems like they should.

Michigan has an aggressive affirmative recruiting program for differently abled kickers.