davidsb

10/03/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Baltimore Orioles (Chen) – 12:07p

This isn't a come back. This is Ausmus putting in a bullpen that is horrific and we have a #2/3 pitcher that's healthy and we pull him after 2nd inning. I'm sickened by Tigers.

Leyland v2.0. Joba is the 8th inning guy and that's final.

Leyland didn't have dedicated 8th inning guy. I don't know why people keep saying this. Last year he used a combination of relievers in the 8th. He also had Benoit who was good and deserved to pitch in the 8th.

Can someone please be held accountable for this meltdown?

The last 24 hours, I would say:

1. Chamberlain

2. Soria

3. Dombrowski

4. Ausmus

5. Romine

For being so highly regarded as an up and coming intelligent manager, Ausmus sure does act like a tired old-school "manage by my gut" manager.

So, drop Porcello to the pen, and use Scherzer and Verlander for games 4 and 5? Nothing against Porcello, but the bullpen needs him.

Ausmus makes poor bullpen choices, but they need 15 innings from their bullpen in a five-game series. They are not capable of that and that part is on DD.

if winning means leaving your starters in the game, leave the starters in the game. Pulling scherzer and sanchez (especially sanchez) was stupid.

I have a hard time faulting dd for soria. He was lights out until he came here. Nathan is on him. Joba too. And if youre going to deal fister, he should have gotten some arms for the pen in return.

and lets not get started on the iglesias trade...

Not sure why Sanchez couldn't come out and pitch another inning or why Al Al wouldn't get a chance today given how bad Joba and Soria were less than 24 hours ago.

Bullpen sucks and so does the manager. I think they'll fire Ausmus and hire Guardenhire but this stinks and not sure it will matter much. May not have many more opportunities especially with Martinez and Scherzer FA's. Cabrera's dumb out at home plate was a pivotal play, as well and so was our starters being bad 2 games in a row.

I'd be shocked if Soria's contract option was picked up. What a terrible trade that turned out to be. I have no idea what happened to him when he came over from Texas. They basically can't use him or Joba anymore.

1. Chamberlain

2. Soria

3. Dombrowski

4. Ausmus

5. Romine

I'd move Soria down that list because he's been used horribly since he came back.

1. Chamberlain

2. Soria

3. Dombrowski

4. Ausmus

5. Romine

Ausmus

Chamberlain

Romine

Soria

You can't blame DD.

They are not capable of that and that part is on DD.

Exactly and it has been for how many years now? :dead:

:alien:

This like being a Cubs fan, only they tease you and get your hopes up so the fall hurts even worse.

pretty soon its going to be much more fun to be a cubs fan. They are stacked.

see if we can bamboozle them into taking sanchez. They outbid us for him last time. Let the rebuild begin.

I'm 99% sure he'll be back next year.

I think they'll get Gardenhire. It won't mean much but DD and Leyland were close with him and reports were last year he's the guy they wanted or Francona. Most managers suck and if you only have 1 or 2 relievers it doesn't matter anyway.

This team wasn't going to win if Soria and or Joba couldn't get anyone out. We can ***** and moan about Ausmus, but this team is going nowhere with just Sanchez.