davidsb

10/03/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) at Baltimore Orioles (Chen) – 12:07p

1412116579000-Tigers-01.jpg

Magic Number = 11 (still)

From Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

visiting the

Baltimore Orioles

Pitching Match-up

Justin Verlander (15-12, 4.54 era) vs Wei Yin Chen (16-6, 3.54 era)

6341.png&w=350&h=25432048.png&w=350&h=254

Happy birthday to former Tigers:

Matt Young 32, Eric Munson 37, Tim Hyers 43, Junior Felix 47, Steve Foucault 65, Chuck Scrivener 67, Joe Wood 1919-1985, Fred House 1890-1923

mlb-on-tbs-590x214.jpg

Edited by davidsb

Steve Foucault, I always smile when I see his name because it reminds me of how cheap Jim Campbell was. Foucault was, how shall I put this - stocky? So when he arrived he was assigned number 29 and in an early interview he said yeah, they gave me the fat guy uniform. When asked if he meant that the largest guy always got number 29, he said "no, I mean it's actually Lolich's uniform". Fun fact - Lolich is listed in baseball-reference as 6'1", 170 lbs. I guess that that is what was written on the index card at his tryout.

The Tigers cannot leave Baltimore in a 2-0 hole. Verlander has to be Verlander. This is really dramatic.

TBS not displaying the game on Brighthouse channel guide.. Direct TV has it on their channel guide.

Steve Foucault, I always smile when I see his name because it reminds me of how cheap Jim Campbell was. Foucault was, how shall I put this - stocky? So when he arrived he was assigned number 29 and in an early interview he said yeah, they gave me the fat guy uniform. When asked if he meant that the largest guy always got number 29, he said "no, I mean it's actually Lolich's uniform". Fun fact - Lolich is listed in baseball-reference as 6'1", 170 lbs. I guess that that is what was written on the index card at his tryout.

I remember Foucault looking around 45 years old when he pitched for the Tigers as a 26-year old. Foucault of the Tigers and Dan Maloney of the Tigers were the only Detroit players I couldn't stand in the '70s.

I remember Foucault looking around 45 years old when he pitched for the Tigers as a 26-year old. Foucault of the Tigers and Dan Maloney of the Tigers were the only Detroit players I couldn't stand in the '70s.

I hated Foucault because we traded Willie Horton to texas for him.

Win today and everything is good. I didn't expect a sweep. And if JV is JV today.....never again does he not start game one.

I mean...Noon?

Crazy.

Lets hope the bile that last night caused is replaced with the sweet taste of victory. Which in this case will taste like Old El Paso tacos because that's Romad Jr.'s favorite meal and he's turning 11 today.

Pitch around Cruz today and everything will be fine.

And maybe Hardy, too.

Maybe Brad is not so stupid, keeping Soria out of the games down the stretch.

Soria hasn't been able to miss any bats at all since he joined the Tigers, which he was super awesome at doing right up to the trade.

Roughly (going off memory):

Before in 2014: 32 IP, 45 k

After: 13 IP, 3 k

Crazy....maybe Soria is still nursing an injury? That pretty much wipes out any hope for the bullpen.

I'm not sure why Soria seems to be a completely different pitcher. He is only throwing 90-91. I thought he threw harder than that. Nathan has also struggled since leaving Texas. You would think it would be the opposite.

So two games in this series will be over before either of the NL series start. Because that makes sense. Not like we have an off day tomorrow or anything and could afford to play later....

We need to beat this guy back to Korea.