Deleterious

2014-15 Prediction Thread

I think they go 42-40 with a 5th seed in the East.

IMO the East is going to be WEAK this year. Top teams from last year like Indiana is going to struggle. The Heat will be alright, but I see them fading for portions of the season due to the age of their top players. Chicago is a wild card. I still think that Brooklyn, and the Knicks will be a mess.

I see it:

1) Cleveland 52-30

2) Chicago 48-34

3) Washington 46-36

4) Toronto 44-38

5) Detroit 42-40 (it's a homer pick in a weak East)

6) Miami 41-41

7) Charlotte 40-42

8) Atlanta 38-44

Just miss: Indiana, Nets, Knicks

I think if Wade can play 75+ games then Miami will be the 3rd seed. Wade and Bosh are both better than anything Detroit has. Deng is nothing to sneeze at either.

I think a lot of your win totals are low. Cleveland and Chicago will flirt with 60 wins. I think Washington, Miami, and Toronto all win 50. Charlotte might as well.

I think if Wade can play 75+ games then Miami will be the 3rd seed. Wade and Bosh are both better than anything Detroit has. Deng is nothing to sneeze at either.

I think a lot of your win totals are low. Cleveland and Chicago will flirt with 60 wins. I think Washington, Miami, and Toronto all win 50. Charlotte might as well.

Well Wade has averaged 57 games a season for the past 3 seasons. So I wouldn't think he will sniff anywhere near 75 games. IMO, the reason Lebron left Miami was because he could see that Wade was declining pretty quickly and knew it would be near impossible to have a dominant team when one big chunk of your salary cap was wrapped up in a breaking down former all star. I mean they all said they wanted to win "5, 6, 7 championships". Even if Wade could play 75 games, they would do their best to save him for the playoffs IMO. I see Wade playing 65 games, at best. Even then, I think his knees will keep him at 75% of his prime.

Chicago is the one team that I think I would be wrong on, but they are pretty dependent on the guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near what he was before he was injured.

Cleveland is a question mark to me as well. I went low on them because I'm not sure if they will live up to the hype in year one. IMO, I think they will steadily improve and possibly win it all.

Well Wade has averaged 57 games a season for the past 3 seasons. So I wouldn't think he will sniff anywhere near 75 games. IMO, the reason Lebron left Miami was because he could see that Wade was declining pretty quickly and knew it would be near impossible to have a dominant team when one big chunk of your salary cap was wrapped up in a breaking down former all star. I mean they all said they wanted to win "5, 6, 7 championships". Even if Wade could play 75 games, they would do their best to save him for the playoffs IMO. I see Wade playing 65 games, at best. Even then, I think his knees will keep him at 75% of his prime.

Chicago is the one team that I think I would be wrong on, but they are pretty dependent on the guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near what he was before he was injured.

Cleveland is a question mark to me as well. I went low on them because I'm not sure if they will live up to the hype in year one. IMO, I think they will steadily improve and possibly win it all.

But he wasn't hurt, he was just simply held out of games. IMO, they ride him hard this year so they can win games and he will be worthless in the playoffs.

But he wasn't hurt, he was just simply held out of games. IMO, they ride him hard this year so they can win games and he will be worthless in the playoffs.

I watched a lot of Miami games last year (I have a friend who is a big Lebron fan), he wasn't moving well during several games last year. His knees are obviously an issue. I honestly don't buy into the "I want go home and help Cleveland win a championship" stuff Lebron has been selling since leaving the Heat. He saw what the next 3 years would be for him, and opted out of his contract. Maybe I'm wrong about Wade, and he proves he is back to his old form, but I don't see that Heat team being anywhere near as good as they were last year. Without Wade taking on a bigger role, I think the Wizards and possibly Raptors pass them by. I don't think Wade has the ability to take on a bigger role and lasting more than 55-60 games. I guess we'll see.

Edited by belcherboy

Chicago would win 48 games even if half their team were hurt all year.

Sounds good to me, but the past 3 years they've only averaged 48 wins a season. If half their team is hurt, I think it would be disastrous but I guess it depends on who got hurt. :grin:

40-42 - only because I'm tired of sub-40 win seasons. I'm hoping by posting it, it enhances the chances of at least 40 wins.

I think they go 42-40 with a 5th seed in the East.

IMO the East is going to be WEAK this year. Top teams from last year like Indiana is going to struggle. The Heat will be alright, but I see them fading for portions of the season due to the age of their top players. Chicago is a wild card. I still think that Brooklyn, and the Knicks will be a mess.

I see it:

1) Cleveland 52-30

2) Chicago 48-34

3) Washington 46-36

4) Toronto 44-38

5) Detroit 42-40 (it's a homer pick in a weak East)

6) Miami 41-41

7) Charlotte 40-42

8) Atlanta 38-44

Just miss: Indiana, Nets, Knicks

At the halfway point, comparing my projections, it looks like I was a bit off (I know you're shocked). Here is what is projected if they played the same as the first half:

Cleveland: 42-40 (5th Seed)

Chicago: 54-28 (3rd Seed tie)

Washington: 56-26 (2nd Seed)

Toronto: 54-28 (3rd Seed tie)

Detroit: 32-50 (10th place tie)

Miami: 38-44 (7th Seed)

Charlotte: 32-50 (10th place tie)

Atlanta: 66-16 (1st Seed)

Milwaukee: 42-40 (6th Seed)

Brooklyn 34-48 (8th Seed)

I remember hearing a few NBA players say that the first half of the season is played to just keep your team in the playoff hunt, and not get too beat up, while the second half is when the real action begins. I've got a feeling that Chicago and Cleveland will definitely end up in the top 4 seeds, and if I were betting, I may say #2 and #3 (although both seem to look bad at times so far this year, even when mostly healthy). I don't think anyone is going to catch the Hawks as the #1 seed, unless they have some significant injuries. They look like they may just be the "real deal" this year, and there is a very good possibility of them representing the East in the finals this year.

I'd love to see Detroit hit .500 this year, as I think that 41 wins may just get you a 5 seed in the East.