Deleterious

2014-15 Prediction Thread

This should provide some good material to laugh it come May.

I predict they will go 40-42 and miss the playoffs. I would give a margin of +/- 3 games. So a win range of 37-43 games. They might make the playoffs if they hit the high range.

I predict a major blowup between SVG and either Smith or Jennings before the All Star game.

We will hear a lot of stories about Drummond working hard on his free throw shooting. Drummond will not improve his free throw shooting.

Monroe will not be traded by the deadline.

38-44. They will finish 4th just behind Indiana and contend for a playoff spot.

Smith will have a bounce-back season and be solid at the power forward position.

What fun is life if we're gonna predict conservatively.

47-35, 6th seed in the playoffs, lose in the 2nd round

I'll take the over and leave it at that. I like our squad, but I'm not feeling overly optimistic either. The unrest with the Monroe situation bothers me.

My Prediction?

th?id=HN.608013755619804534&pid=15.1&P=0

I'm actually not remotely looking forward to this season whereas i had some optimism going into last season.

A year of Monroe distractions, Josh Smith chucking and Brandon Jennings overdribbling. Ya, not looking too forward to that.

I am only looking forward to the development of Drummond and KCP. I'm also interested to see if Meeks can build on last season and become a legit 2nd or 3rd option here.

Otherwise, i have no expectations going into this season.

Maybe the Pistons will start out terrible. Then Adrian will give them a pep talk and turn it all around for them and they will win the title.

On a side note. Name something Talia Shire was in other than Rocky or The Godfather.

I predict a major blowup between SVG and either Smith or Jennings before the All Star game.

Seems like Brandon Jennings is at least willing to accept that he was a big issue last year:

"I definitely didn't do my job last year. It was one of the most embarrassing seasons ever, especially with the talent that we had, and I feel like we should have went farther than we did. But I put that on myself. That really bothered me all summer. So I have a lot to prove this year."

Brandon Jennings shoulders Detroit Pistons blame, seeks to lead retooled roster | MLive.com

Maybe the Pistons will start out terrible. Then Adrian will give them a pep talk and turn it all around for them and they will win the title.

On a side note. Name something Talia Shire was in other than Rocky or The Godfather.

Blossom's acting teacher in one episode. :silly:

I only know that because i saw the episode the other day.

Blossom's acting teacher in one episode. :silly:

I only know that because i saw the episode the other day.

I did not know that.

Seems like Brandon Jennings is at least willing to accept that he was a big issue last year:

"I definitely didn't do my job last year. It was one of the most embarrassing seasons ever, especially with the talent that we had, and I feel like we should have went farther than we did. But I put that on myself. That really bothered me all summer. So I have a lot to prove this year."

Brandon Jennings shoulders Detroit Pistons blame, seeks to lead retooled roster | MLive.com

Sounds good. Hopefully he can do something about it on the floor. I'm not holding my breath. Although for some odd reason, out of him and Smith, I do hold out a little hope for Jennings. Very very little, but its something I guess.

I've tried to factor in probable trades when predicting regular season records for the Pistons in the past, big mistake.

SVG's first year with a franchise has been a resounding success in both Miami and Orlando, improving 17 and 12 wins at each respective stop. The Pistons won 29 games last year, underperforming by nearly everyone's standards--which were never real high. How much of an improvement will SVG bring to Detroit? It is difficult to compare Detroit to his start in Miami but in Orlando it seems semi-applicable.

With the shooters SVG has brought in, and with hopes that Smith and Jennings have even marginally better years, I think the average expectation should be set at winning 40 games. With players like Monroe, Singler, Jerebko, Bynum and Augustin playing for their next NBA contract--and with KCP trying to play his way into the starting lineup--it is quite possible we could see the very best these players have to offer.

So, what is the ceiling for this team? Without a trade of Monroe or Smith for a legit starting PG or SF this team can win 48 games if everything goes right with minimum injuries. The East has gotten a little stronger, and two recent MVPs have now moved (back) into our division. If Jennings and Smith offer us more of the same this year from their awful seasons last year, the team could very well implode and win just 34 games. How will Smith and Monroe get on this season? How will Jennings react if/when he is benched in favor of Augustin? A 14-game swing between floor-to-ceiling is pretty absurd, but it really does reflect the volatile makeup of the roster.

Floor: 34-48

Mean: 40-42 (first-round exit in playoffs)

Ceiling: 48-34 (second-round exit in playoffs)

If everything goes wrong this year, IMO the floor is 34 games.

We will win a no less than 43 games. Most excited I am have been for the Pistons since...well last year, and that didn't go well. Rather optimistic for this season though.

I can see the pistons in contention for one of the last playoff spots. I do not see Charlotte or Atlanta being all that much better than Detroit.

I think Brooklyn falls out, but NY might jump in there. Have I mentioned that I really wish we had signed Lance Stephenson? Ugh

I think Brooklyn falls out, but NY might jump in there. Have I mentioned that I really wish we had signed Lance Stephenson? Ugh

Agreed on Brooklyn.

KCP may make you feel happy Lance isn't in Detroit blowing into LBJ's ear by the AS Break.

I have love for KCP, but we signed Meeks anyways. LBJ had his worst game of the playoffs after the ear blowing fwiw.

She's the Robert Horry of actresses. Only bothers to show up for the playoffs.

Pistons win 41 games because coaching matters.

Pistons lose 41 games because not even Red Auerbach and John Wooden's love child could save Brandon Jennings' sorry *****.

Interesting. If SVG can get him to show some effort on defense, it would go a long way towards having a good season.

Talk is cheap. Talk is especially cheap when it comes to a guy like Jennings.

Talk is cheap. Talk is especially cheap when it comes to a guy like Jennings.

We will find out. His talk will be cheap if he doesn't change. But the preseason was encouraging.