davidsb

10/02/2014: Detroit Tigers (Scherzer) at Baltimore Orioles (Tillman) – 5:37p(or 6:07)

My former AAT made the roster!

So did my current one, but that isn't surprising.

With Lobstein and Sanchez in the BP, i am okay with 11 pitchers as well.

They left Hardy off...A little surprised by that.

It seemed like the likely scenario. Lobstein was always going to be ahead of Hardy considering how each performed down the stretch.

Hardy has been shaky recently. Rock Lobstein has pitched well. Baltimore doesn't have many lefties to worry about anyways.

Hardy has been shaky recently. Rock Lobstein has pitched well. Baltimore doesn't have many lefties to worry about anyways.

And IIRC, Lobstein can get RHHs out effectively.

It seemed like the likely scenario. Lobstein was always going to be ahead of Hardy considering how each performed down the stretch.

Hardy was pretty much money from June to August. He had a bad September, but that was 5 innings compared to 33.

Lobstein had a 4.88 era in September and it was not that great in August.

Hardy was pretty much money from June to August. He had a bad September, but that was 5 innings compared to 33.

Lobstein had a 4.88 era in September and it was not that great in August.

Hardy is 27 and just got a taste of the majors this year, and he has shown to have poor control. Can't risk it in the playoffs. Lobstein pitched well and had good mound presence. I am not sure it will matter as lobstein most likely won't see any action.

Hardy is 27 and just got a taste of the majors this year, and he has shown to have poor control. Can't risk it in the playoffs. Lobstein pitched well and had good mound presence. I am not sure it will matter as lobstein most likely won't see any action.

Lobstein is 24 and has less experience than Hardy and has a WHIP that is .13 lower than Hardy.

Tom Gage ‏@Tom_Gage 6m6 minutes ago

What cost Blaine Hardy a spot on #Tigers roster? Last 10 g's since Aug. 30: 2 IP, 7 H, 4 runs earned, control problems and 6.00 ERA.

Comparing ERA between Lobstein and hardy is a bit short sighted, as i am sure that Lobstein pitched to many more RHH in his IP.

Pretty sure myself and Oblong said it happened, but carry on with your strawman.

Coming up with a good strawman is a crapshoot.

Agree that Hernan over Collins means that Davis' health is a concern. He becomes backup IF when Kelly is in CF.

Glad to see Lobstein over Hardy. Hopefully, his stuff plays up in the BP. Also, Ausmus can use him for multiple innings in case of blowout and not waste Anibal, which was always a fear of mine.