davidsb

10/02/2014: Detroit Tigers (Scherzer) at Baltimore Orioles (Tillman) – 5:37p(or 6:07)

Sportz said it best, Soria is a feel guy that relies on command, and he's barely being used. The guy needs to pitch more. His last game was a week ago.

Sportz?

Was it Rod who pointed out on the panel after the game that the Tigers have had a bullpen problem for several years? It is just so frustrating that this problem hasn't been adequately addressed.

They've had a bullpen and fielding problem for years. I think you were the one who said you couldn't understand why a team that put so much into starting pitching and not back it up with a bullpen and defense. They don't even have to be great in those areas. They could improve a lot just getting up to average.

Sportz?

former poster who really knows his stuff, father of Wheat Thrower, banned after several warnings for insulting people too much.

Quick turnaround, at least. We'll know in 18 hours whether the season's probably over, or if this series is just getting started.

There's no faith in the bullpen. There were enough games this season where a starter did really well and/or the offense poured it on. It's harder to get by without reliable relief pitchers in the playoffs. Blurrggh.

They've had a bullpen and fielding problem for years. I think you were the one who said you couldn't understand why a team that put so much into starting pitching and not back it up with a bullpen and defense. They don't even have to be great in those areas. They could improve a lot just getting up to average.

Yes, I have said that. Playoff baseball just seems to make it so much more frustrating.

former poster who really knows his stuff, father of Wheat Thrower, banned after several warnings for insulting people too much.

aka, giant bag of dongs.

He knows a **** inning like that is the worst time to play the "i'm right, you're wrong" game and will get the biggest reaction.

Now who would do a thing like that?

I turned it off when Coke came in. Haven't even looked up the final.

There is no final yet, the 8th inning still hasn't ended

There is no final yet, the 8th inning still hasn't ended
Seems like about 20 batters while I watched the 8th.

Oh - I knew Sportz, I just wondered if the reference was supposed to be present tense where it came from.

Oh - I knew Sportz, I just wondered if the reference was supposed to be present tense where it came from.

Sportz' twitter is an amusing read

Pretty embarrassing stuff last night. What an implosion in the 8th inning there. Scherzer didn't pitch all that well and then the bullpen...well they turned in a normal performance.

Maybe the Price deal didn't kill the Miller deal after all.....it would be interesting to know what the agreed deal was.

Jason Beck ‏@beckjason 2h2 hours ago

LRT: Sherman writes Tigers had agreed to Boston's asking price for Andrew Miller, lost him when O's offered prospect Eduardo Rodriguez.

For the love of pete, we have got to find some relievers next year other than AlAl who can miss bats.

Doesn't matter if Brad doesn't use them.

For the love of pete, we have got to find some relievers next year other than AlAl who can miss bats.

My take is that DD likes old guys too much. Jones, Dotel, Valverde, Nathan, even Benoit to some degree. Then even worse when he gets desperate with guys like Johnson. I think he just spends too much on declining assets, too many guys too close to the end or already just playing out the string that crowd out any chance of finding younger better guys - and that goes back to apparently not having a very good eye for young reliever talent. A definite weakness in the organiZAtion.