davidsb

10/02/2014: Detroit Tigers (Scherzer) at Baltimore Orioles (Tillman) – 5:37p(or 6:07)

ESPN says Friday's game will be at 12:07pm.

Works for me. Won't be able to watch but I'll be at work listening! I'll get to catch the back half of tonight's game. Going to a wedding this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to talk about the Tiger's being up 2-0 and going for the sweep.

If Cruz sees one good pitch in this entire series, I'm not going to be happy.

He has pretty much destroyed Detroit pitching. Except for Porcello. Porcello, in 26 PAs, has kept him to a .308 OPS. 4 singles, 2 GDPs, and 7 Ks.

It might be worth putting Porcello in CF today and tomorrow, resting Davis, and then bringing Porcello in just to pitch against Cruz when he comes to the plate. Send Scherzer & Verlander out to CF, and let Porcello pitch to Cruz.

Hey, there'of been worse ideas.

I remember the Yankees series in 2011 had two games by the Yankees that they won going away. I remember the TBS broadcast was brutal. They almost sounded defeated when the Tigers won.

For me, nothing was worse than the way Bob Costas trashed the Tigers after the first few innings during the 1987 playoffs vs. the Twinkies!

I think everybody thinks the broadcasters are biased against their team

Building on that, I think announcers generally say positive things about a team that is doing well, and nobody wants to hear how well the other team is doing when your team is losing. It tends to stick in the craw.

This isn't to say there aren't biased broadcasts - there are. but I agree that most -> all fanbases think national broadcast crews favor the other team.

I also think fans are used to their own cheerleading broadcasting team and hearing things said from the perspective of their team and when a national broadcast doesn't do that and/or talks about the other team on an equal footing, it sounds strange to them.

The only time I think I saw national bias was the Pistons on CBS when they were playing the Lakers. But again I was 15 at the time.

I agree and the Tigers make every crappy pitcher look like Cy Young.

Has the postseason roster been announced? Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see it here, at BYB, or at the official website.

According to Jason Beck, the rosters must be submitted by 10:00 AM EDT today - so we should know shortly.

Truth. The only one I ever thought was blatant was McCarver vs the Tigers. He seemed like a bitter old man who was still angry that he made the last out in the 68 WS.

I also think fans are used to their own cheerleading broadcasting team and hearing things said from the perspective of their team and when a national broadcast doesn't do that and/or talks about the other team on an equal footing, it sounds strange to them.

The only time I think I saw national bias was the Pistons on CBS when they were playing the Lakers. But again I was 15 at the time.

And this is now gonna be one of those dumb things that people claim never happens because every team thinks it happens to their team.... like having a manager who makes stupid decisions regularly. And there's always one guy that comes along saying "you know, I bet all teams think this"... well, no kidding? Doesn't mean it never happens.

I will say that the one time I sensed favoritism for a team on national TV, it was for the Tigers.

The 1987 playoffs. I think it was Tony Kubek who said, after Gibson struck out in a crucial situation "Oh, Kirk!". or something very similar to that in a very "dagonnit!" type of voice.

I will say that the one time I sensed favoritism for a team on national TV, it was for the Tigers.

The 1987 playoffs. I think it was Tony Kubek who said, after Gibson struck out in a crucial situation "Oh, Kirk!". or something very similar to that in a very "dagonnit!" type of voice.

This doesn't happen because all teams think it happens to their team.

And this is now gonna be one of those dumb things that people claim never happens because every team thinks it happens to their team.... like having a manager who makes stupid decisions regularly. And there's always one guy that comes along saying "you know, I bet all teams think this"... well, no kidding? Doesn't mean it never happens.

The Tigers never score runners from third with less than two out.

If Cruz sees one good pitch in this entire series, I'm not going to be happy.

Just him hit with the first pitch......every time he comes up. It will save on Max's pitch count.

Are you sure it wasn't the following year when Gibson was with LA?

Lobster and Rajai are on the roster. Hardy, Johnson and Collins are not

Hopefully this means that Rajai is close to healthy. Hopefully Rock Lobstein will be used and effective. I like the bullpen composition with Sanchez and Lobstein included.

Davis...in or out?
Lobster and Rajai are on the roster. Hardy, Johnson and Collins are not

Rajai Davis? :classic:

Hernan Perez is also on the roster

They must be really un-sure on the health of Davis. If Kelly and Carrera share time in CF then Perez would be the pinch runner off the bench. I can't see any other explanation for him being on the roster unless this is the case. Hopefully just insurance but I would have rather had Collins by a mile (if Davis is healthy).