davidsb

10/02/2014: Detroit Tigers (Scherzer) at Baltimore Orioles (Tillman) – 5:37p(or 6:07)

image.jpg

Magic Number = 11

From Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore, Maryland, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

visiting the

Baltimore Orioles

Pitching Match-up

Max Scherzer (18-5, 3.15 era) vs Chris Tillman (13-6, 3.34 era)

28976.png&w=350&h=25430285.png&w=350&h=254

Happy birthday to current and former Tigers:

Chad Smith 25, Victor Santos 38, Mat Walbeck 45, Dave Beard 55, Earl Wilson 1934-2005

mlb-on-tbs-590x214.jpg

Ugg... am I supposed to leave work at 2:00 and go home, or try to watch online at work??? This is gonna be tough.

I don't want to underestimate the Orioles, but I hope we annihilate them, and that this isn't even close. September was enough stress already.

Ugg... am I supposed to leave work at 2:00 and go home, or try to watch online at work??? This is gonna be tough.

Leave work.

I don't want to underestimate the Orioles, but I hope we annihilate them, and that this isn't even close. September was enough stress already.

You don't expect anything to come easily to this team this year, do you?

Of course, that would be the ultimate twist to this season; The Tigers blow out the opponent in every game and cruise to the title.

You don't expect anything to come easily to this team this year, do you?

Of course, that would be the ultimate twist to this season; The Tigers blow out the opponent in every game and cruise to the title.

Or swept by Baltimore in 3, a team that they had beaten 5 games to 1 in the regular season.

That's not a bad time. I will miss the first inning or so, but it will end at a reasonable hour. I'll be able to see the end of the game and still be able to function the next morning.

I feel like we've split our games in recent history with the Orioles (last few seasons.) I know this year we beat up on them, but they're a very different team now than they were at the start of the year.

I expect a close series, but I don't think it'll be low scoring. Especially in Baltimore. JD Martinez is going to get a couple out of the park.

Also Friday is probably going to be at 6, Sunday is at 330.

Postseason Schedule | MLB.com

I would prefer that. But I thought that I heard that Friday games wouldn't be played in the same window. So there is a noon start time (likely Detroit @ Baltimore if San Francisco wins) and a 3:00pm start time (likely Detroit @ Baltimore if Pittsburgh wins) to go along with the later games in Los Angeles.

I would prefer that. But I thought that I heard that Friday games wouldn't be played in the same window. So there is a noon start time (likely Detroit @ Baltimore if San Francisco wins) and a 3:00pm start time (likely Detroit @ Baltimore if Pittsburgh wins) to go along with the later games in Los Angeles.

That's correct. It's noon or 3, depending on tonight's game. I prefer the 3pm start time, and I also prefer that the Pirates win, so that's a nice combo to root for.

Here we go... 3 hours of crippling anxiety, followed by one day of extreme euphoria or crushing depression. Rinse/repeat.

The worst was that Yankees series in 2011. Good. God. Every inning of every game seemed to be a critical do-or-die moment. Almost 50 innings of that was about all I could take physically. I hope this series is swift one way or the other. Ok, one way...but NOT the other.

I just have a hard time seeing a team of Schoop, Pearce, Flaherty, Hardy and Hundley really terrorizing us. We can't let Cruz or Jones beat us, and as long as we don't, I like our odds. No Wieters. No Machado. No Davis. We should handle this team.

One thing that the Tigers have going for them is the fact that Tiger killer Luke Scott, doesn't play for them anymore. That guy would have been a surefire hall of famer if he only played against the Tigers.

I remember the Yankees series in 2011 had two games by the Yankees that they won going away. I remember the TBS broadcast was brutal. They almost sounded defeated when the Tigers won.

I remember the Yankees series in 2011 had two games by the Yankees that they won going away. I remember the TBS broadcast was brutal. They almost sounded defeated when the Tigers won.

That was awesome. Like listening to Hawk when the Sux are losing.

That was awesome. Like listening to Hawk when the Sux are losing.

I also liked the one guy who called into the New York radio station and asked about Al Albuquerque and the host hung up on him thinking he was being trolled. Albuquerque even pitched in the game before.

I also liked the one guy who called into the New York radio station and asked about Al Albuquerque and the host hung up on him thinking he was being trolled. Albuquerque even pitched in the game before.

Francessa, right? What a tool.

TBS/TNT is the absolute worst. How much longer is their contract with MLB? Last night's game was an all-timer, and those guys sounded like they were snoring through it all. As much as I can't stand Joe Buck, at least you feel like it's the playoffs when you hear his voice. Having a basketball guy do baseball PBP while Ron Darling and Cal Ripken pop Ambiens for 5 hours is not going to help attract many new viewers.

Francessa, right? What a tool.

TBS/TNT is the absolute worst. How much longer is their contract with MLB? Last night's game was an all-timer, and those guys sounded like they were snoring through it all. As much as I can't stand Joe Buck, at least you feel like it's the playoffs when you hear his voice. Having a basketball guy do baseball PBP while Ron Darling and Cal Ripken pop Ambiens for 5 hours is not going to help attract many new viewers.

I know a lot of people hate Joe Buck but I like him. Tim McCarver was bad. I enjoyed the broadcast in the 2011 ALCS when Francona filled in for McCarver for two games.