davidsb

09/28/2014: Detroit Tigers (Price) vs. Minnesota Twins (Gibson) – 1:08p

I have a feeling the Twins want to step up their analytical side and Gasrdenhire wasn't on board with it. That's totally just speculation though.

I think he is just the fall guy for poor pitching talent acquisition/retention. This is a case were more analytics may be good for the front office, but more or less analytics by the manager isn't going to make any needed difference on the field. How is the more analytically stuff by the manager supposed to help the Twins when they scored 700+ runs? Their pitching is crap, and if your GM has given you 5 starters, that is who you are sending out there every 5 days regardless of how you study the sabermetrics.

I think he is just the fall guy for poor pitching talent acquisition/retention. This is a case were more analytics may be good for the front office, but more or less analytics by the manager isn't going to make any needed difference on the field. How is the more analytically stuff by the manager supposed to help the Twins when they scored 700+ runs? Their pitching is crap, and if your GM has given you 5 starters, that is who you are sending out there every 5 days regardless of how you study the sabermetrics.

I have no idea if it would help the Twins. I was just guessing that might have happened because it's happened in a couple of other places the last few years.

I have no idea if it would help the Twins. I was just guessing that might have happened because it's happened in a couple of other places the last few years.

Oh - I don't mean to say you would be wrong, just complaining that it would be a bad management practicing more bad management.