davidsb

09/28/2014: Detroit Tigers (Price) vs. Minnesota Twins (Gibson) – 1:08p

bullet-1-red-md.png

Magic Number = 1

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

hosting the

Minnesota Twins

Pitching Match-up

David Price (14-12, 3.36 era) vs Kyle Gibson (13-11, 4.50 era)

28958.png&w=350&h=25431053.png&w=350&h=254

Happy birthday to former Tigers:

Thad Weber 30, Bob Dustal 79, Dick Gernert 86, Paul Easterling 1905-1993

207998.jpg257109.jpg

FoxSportsDetroit.png

Yes. Please win!! Between this, the other teams playing in the playoff hunt, and the Lions, it should be a very fun day.

About to go buy a VERY nice frozen pizza, and perhaps some other nice edible items. For a 10 am California time game.

I expect big things today.

Amazing the similarities between the Cardinal's season and the Tiger's. Exact same record, exact same situation.

I am currently holding a Detroit Tigers bleachers ticket stub from 10/4/1987...the day Frank Tanana and the boys shut out the Blue jays to win the East. The very last time the Tigers sewed up a division title at home. It is my talisman for the day...it contains strong juju. Strong enough to negate the Twins ability to peck away with singles and baserunners programmed to take that extra base whenever possible?

We shall see....

FYI Martinez is .003 behind Altuve for the batting title, and Houston isn't letting him play.

That's going to really suck for him if Victor rips off a 5-5 and beats him.

3 for 3 and Victor wins. 3 for 4 he loses. Probably wins with a 4 for 5 but I'm not doing the math.

3 for 3 and Victor wins. 3 for 4 he loses. Probably wins with a 4 for 5 but I'm not doing the math.

4 for 5 does it. It's not that hard to calculate with modern technology. Even I can do it.

It's kind of embarrassing that it's come to this...having to eek out a division win on the last day, or face another Game 163. Each year, it seems, one other AL Central team surges to come from nowhere during the last month or so of the season. Even in 2006, we had the Twins, in 2009 the Twins. In 2012 the White Sox. In 2013 the Indians. In 2014 the Royals. In only one of these years, the Tigers did not prevail against adversity.

I suspect this will be the last year that we're expected to walk away with the division title. Cleveland has an extremely promising young pitching staff, and the Twins are building an offensive/defensive powerhouse. Pretty sure the Royals will fall off after this year. With the AL East in disarray, and Oakland going all in for this year, it's possible we see three playoff teams from the AL Central in the next year or two.

4 for 5 does it. It's not that hard to calculate with modern technology. Even I can do it.

It's not hard at all, I just don't feel like opening my calculator. It's sunday and I'm being lazy. :)

I hate math....I also dislike it when Rod Allen talks about what a great year Altuve has had but then fails to mention him as an MVP candidate while touting Abreu. I wouldn't put either in my top 3, but if you're going to include one...you should include the other.

I hate math....I also dislike it when Rod Allen talks about what a great year Altuve has had but then fails to mention him as an MVP candidate while touting Abreu. I wouldn't put either in my top 3, but if you're going to include one...you should include the other.

This is the guy who said Kluber isn't a CY Young candidate earlier this week.

Detroit Tigers salt and pepper shakers are back under the TV. Home run ball hit by Miggy in batting practice moved 3 inches to the left on the shelf.

All in the name of WIN THE FREAKING GAME YOU IDIOTS.

Okay........if you lose and have to watch the Royals and they lose, are you going to pop the corks and have a wild celebration? I think that would be kind of silly. If you win your way in....then fine.

Bloody hell. 1 hour before game time, and MLBNet puts Christopher freaking Russo on for the entire hour? That's your lead-in? Of all the stupid things I've seen in my lifetime, this has to be tops.