davidsb

09/27/2014: Detroit Tigers (Lobstein) vs. Minnesota Twins (Nolasco) – 7:08p

-f37d2015d7b8ee9e.JPG

Magic Number = 2 (still)

From Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan, it is the...

DETROIT TIGERS

hosting the

Minnesota Twins

Pitching Match-up

Kyle Lobstein (1-1, 3.38 era) vs Ricky Nolasco (5-12, 5.47 era)

31756.png&w=350&h=2546491.png&w=350&h=254

Happy birthday to former Tigers:

Gary Sutherland 70, Dave Wickersham 79, Jerry Casale 81, Whit Wyatt 1907-1999, Josh Billings 1907-1983, Chick Gagnon 1897-1970, Frank Gibson 1890-1961, Cy Ferry 1878-1938

198714.jpg217478.jpg

FoxSportsDetroit.png

I am of the opinion that Lobstein should be our 4th starter in the post season (if we make it past the buy-in game) and Porcello has bought himself a seat in the bullpen.

Its evident that the turd in the punchbowl lately has been Porcello. He just seems to need some rest or retooling or something.

Its evident that the turd in the punchbowl lately has been Porcello. He just seems to need some rest or retooling or something.

Unfortunately, if Nathan has been removed as closer yet it probably means that Lobstein is up against steep odds to make the post-season rotation ahead of Ricky P.

Kind of sucks that they have not clinched the division yet, just for the reason that they can't give Miggy and V-Mart among others, a day or two off. Heal up and get refreshed for the playoffs.

Kind of sucks that they have not clinched the division yet, just for the reason that they can't give Miggy and V-Mart among others, a day or two off. Heal up and get refreshed for the playoffs.

If the Tigers do win the division, they'll have three days off before the next game anyways.

Rick just threw too many FBs over the heart of the plate yesterday. It didn't appear his stuff was bad, think he he just wasn't putting the ball where he meant to. I wonder if the kid just sometimes gets too paranoid about not walking anybody, ever and gives in too much. Of course the he was in trouble yesterday before he had even gotten behind in the count.

I think Bull Durham had it about right - all pitchers are head cases.

I can't believe our magic number is 2, and we could clinch the DIVISION today!!!

No one, and I mean, NO ONE thought we would be here this year, and look at us. Ausmus and co. have just proven everyone wrong this year. It'll be soooooooooo sweet to potentially wrap this one up and put the bow on top of this magical gift of a season. I'm almost sad for Sunday to come, because it means this absolute gem of a regular season gives way to the questionable playoffs.

Oh well, there's always next February! Can't wait for this bunch to get back out there and prove everyone wrong again next season.

I just have to keep reminding myself that even if they lose the division, there are 22 other teams that would've killed to be the wildcard.

Hell, maybe like in 2006, it will end up being a blessing.

Royals pitching match ups look favorable for them winning out. I really feel like we have to win out ourselves to avoid another late season collapse.

If it's any consolation, Detroit has clinched home field in the wild card.

When you couple home field advantage with a strong SP in such a big game where the crowd will be into it, it gives you a pretty decent boost.

The last time the away team won a World Series game 7 was in 1979, when the Pirates beat the Orioles in Baltimore. There's been 9 game 7's since then in the World Series. 9 out of 14 game 7's in the LCS have been one by the home team as well.

I can't find more comprehensive data than that, but it seems like home field advantage gives you some additional oomph in the playoffs in a winnter-takes-all environment as compared to even the regular season home field advantage (which is closer to only a 4% boost in your chance of winning).

Royals pitching match ups look favorable for them winning out. I really feel like we have to win out ourselves to avoid another late season collapse.

I will be going to the Sox game tonight with my Tigers gear on to cheer for the Sox. There's a lot of Royals fans in town to see them clinch (which happened last night, but the ones that are here are probably going to all three games anyway). I saw a bunch of them on the train yesterday. Someone needs to troll them. :)

I will be going to the Sox game tonight with my Tigers gear on to cheer for the Sox. There's a lot of Royals fans in town to see them clinch (which happened last night, but the ones that are here are probably going to all three games anyway). I saw a bunch of them on the train yesterday. Someone needs to troll them. :)

Please tell me you're bringing your binoculars.

Please tell me you're bringing your binoculars.

Wish I had a pair. Think I could get myself on the Sox broadcast if I brought one and started sitting out by the bullpens?

Could be looking at a game Monday and/or Tuesday at Comerica park.

Mr Bigglesworth frowns in your direction.