davidsb

9/24/2014: Detroit Tigers (Verlander) vs. Chicago White Sox (Sale) – 1:08p

Actually guys they started early. The Tigers are up 3-1 in the 4th. Verlander has been dealing but Abreau got a hold of one.

Our runs came on a Suarez rbi double and a Kinsler solo shot.

I don't know how to take Jeter anymore. I think he's been a very good player for a long time. Obviously not so much towards the end. The guy is just so polarizing, but I feel somewhat badly for him because it isn't necessarily his fault. Playing in New York for, what, 20 years, and being able to handle that as well as he has. Being a one team only guy for his entire career is rare anymore, too.

In some ways, I wish it would be a rainout, but in other ways, he probably deserves a nice send off in front of the home crowd.

Maybe they should do what they did with Cleveland snow outs a few years ago and play the game in Milwaukee?

I don't know how to take Jeter anymore. I think he's been a very good player for a long time. Obviously not so much towards the end. The guy is just so polarizing, but I feel somewhat badly for him because it isn't necessarily his fault. Playing in New York for, what, 20 years, and being able to handle that as well as he has. Being a one team only guy for his entire career is rare anymore, too.

In some ways, I wish it would be a rainout, but in other ways, he probably deserves a nice send off in front of the home crowd.

Maybe they should do what they did with Cleveland snow outs a few years ago and play the game in Milwaukee?

I wouldn't give him too much credit for being a one team guy. New York paid him well.

I wouldn't give him too much credit for being a one team guy. New York paid him well.

Do you think New York over paid to keep him?

Personally, I think he was, comparatively speaking, slightly on the low side for a player of his quality and consistency.

Do you think New York over paid to keep him?

Personally, I think he was, comparatively speaking, slightly on the low side for a player of his quality and consistency.

His most recent contract was high. When he signed his first extension, it made him the highest paid player in baseball at the time. With the explosion of big contracts, his first deal turned out to be pretty good for the Yankees. At the time, I'm not sure another team would have given him more.

Another stupid "I dont ****ing care where this is going" throw in from Hunter.

It's amazing how often he fields a single and just slings the ball in no particular direction. One day it's going to hurt the team.

After a couple singles, JV pitches out of it.

Here comes 4 runs of Sale, followed by 6 shutout innings.

Who is in the booth?

Keating. For whatever reason he's the best they could do.

I was asleep at the switch, apologies to all for that, but why is Davis hitting 9th against a LHP?

I know it probably won't prove to be a huge deal but an extra AB against Sale might matter.