Shinma

9/21/14. Packers at Lions. 2014.3

Yah,we need a little more misdirection or something though. Get Bush in space, run some cut backs, counters,draws etc.

We really need to be at least 4-2 if not 5-1 after 6 games.This is the easiest stretch of our schedule coming up. Hopefully we can split with the Saints and Falcons. Stupid London game.

Really need to win 8 of the next 11...or 8-3 for the math majors to get to week 15 at 10-4. At GB and at Chi to finish the season. Best case is a split. If we go 0-2 I still think 10 wins would get us in.

I wouldn't say that the offense has been garbage, the offensive line has been garbage although they did play very well to close out the Giants and Packers games. They have moved the ball fairly well but got held back by awful field goal kicking, inopportune turnovers and of course, Stafford trying to force the ball to Calvin. I get the feeling that the offense is ready to break out especially if Waddle comes back and plays like he did last season.

Tate has been just fine. Comes exactly as advertised with great hands and an uncanny ability to break tackles and get the ball moving forward. He has also made some big catches on 3rd down to move the chains.

Ebron looks out of shape, fat and slow. I didn't like the pick from the beginning. It's way too early to make judgment on the pick but it sure isn't looking good thus far.

These are the things that make the offense garbage, I would agree that if you take away the negatives the offense looks good (so does every other offense).

Tate has been very nice, Stafford and Lombardi not going to him for long stretches throughout some of the games is not. Tate should be more of a threat in this offense than he currently is.

We currently rank 22nd in offensive scoring, 11th in yards, and have turned over the ball the 6th most times...with the amount of resources spent on the offense they should be a top 5 unit, they haven't been playing like one.

It could be argued that Stafford tries to force it to Calvin too much I suppose. To me though, you don't have a guy like CJ on your roster and not try to force him the ball a few times a game. Its who he is and what makes him great. You can't point to the times when it doesn't work out and decide its a failure every time.

No arguing that the offense has been dogshit so far though.

Edited by Nastradamus

It could be argued that Stafford tries to force it to Calvin too much I suppose. To me though, you don't have a guy like CJ on your roster and not try to force him the ball a few times a game. Its who he is and what makes him great. You can't point to the times when it doesn't work out and decide its a failure every time.

No arguing that the offense has been dogshit so far though.

I think the counter argument to this is Calvin's presence opens up the field for the lions other targets, which in turns opens the field back up for Calvin. In short, less targets to Calvin likely leads to more quality targets everywhere, including to Calvin.

I think the counter argument to this is Calvin's presence opens up the field for the lions other targets, which in turns opens the field back up for Calvin. In short, less targets to Calvin likely leads to more quality targets everywhere, including to Calvin.

Sure, but I don't think that's a counter argument. Calvin's a guy you have to throw jump balls to and who you have to throw to in double and triple coverage on occasion. It doesn't mean that every time Stafford does it its the right decision though either.

Again though, 10 targets for Calvin against GB, 7 for Tate.

I have more issues with Stafford's throws this season than with his decisions. He has simply missed on a few deep throws to CJ, when he was double-covered but still open, which ended up as interceptions.

I have more issues with Stafford's throws this season than with his decisions. He has simply missed on a few deep throws to CJ, when he was double-covered but still open, which ended up as interceptions.

This I agree with. He's gotta clean up his footwork on deep balls.