hail2mich

GDT: Utah at Michigan 9/20/2014

Honestly, Rodriguez is responsible for a good deal of the mess they are in...his recruiting was horrible. At least if Hoke gets the elbow the new guy will inherit a fairly balanced and talented roster.

Strange that you would feel this way as the number of wins has declined as Hoke's recruits have increased on the roster.

Strange that you would feel this way as the number of wins has declined as Hoke's recruits have increased on the roster.

His first year was about a defense led by Carr recruits. Look at what he inherited beyond that on the OL and defense. More than half of his first full recruiting class was defense including 6 DL, 4 DB and 4 LB. There are only 5 starting seniors, 4 of them play defense and 2 of those were Hoke add ons when he was named coach.

It's just my opinion that program he inherited was a mess.

In the 50s & 60s UM football made it to 1 Rose Bowl in 18 seasons. One hire turned it around. In the dark days of John Cooper at OSU, Michigan won 10 out of 12. One hire turned it around. I have my doubts now that Brady Hoke can take them there, but I also don't think they're THAT far away.