davidsb

09/16/2014: Detroit Tigers (Porcello) at Minnesota Twins (Nolasco) – 8:10p

Ausmus got lucky last night with his bullpen management. Not tonight.

Quit with this stupid Nathan as closer garbage regardless how poorly he performs.

Worst part is I am sure Nathan probably thinks he pitched well and will blame the loss on Carrara.

Ausmus got lucky last night. Not tonight.

Quit with this stupid Nathan as closer garbage regardless how poorly he performs.

It will never happen. Not a chance. Brad proclaimed it in June and he'd rather go down with the team being stubborn than do the right thing.

Cabrera and JD Martinez no longer in the game...

Well it's a 1-run lead and we have Nathan. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

In MLB, it seems that established closers are not supposed to lose their job unless they blow three games in a row. I think it's a rule.

Hard to pin this on Nathan. Only one ball left the infield and it was misplayed into a 3 base error.

So had he walked 4 guys would it still be hard to pin it on him since no balls left the infield?

Worst part is I am sure Nathan probably thinks he pitched well and will blame the loss on Carrara.

It would be a crap thing to do, but not entirely wrong.

I would like to be a fly on the Tigers clubhouse wall tonight. I can imagine there are some pissed off Tigers tonight. Stevie Wonder can see how bad Joe blows. But we'll get this in the postgame interviews: Joe will tell us he's pitching great and Brad will tell us Joe's the closer. With that stupid ****ing look on his face

And there you go. Why, why, why do they keep running this piece of **** out there? Horrible ****ing loss

I guess Joe felt bad for his old mate Perkins, who blew his 7th save, so Joe blew his 7th in sympathy?

Hard to pin this on Nathan. Only one ball left the infield and it was misplayed into a 3 base error.

He gave up two hits and a walk in 2/3 of inning. Terrible. He deserves just as much blame as Carrara.

Anybody want to whine about Austin Jackson never diving for balls....anyone???

I don't care how fast Carrera is. He just cost his team a game in a pennant race with a bone head play. I wouldn't let him see the field the rest of the year.

To spin this the other way we were lucky to even have a chance to win this game. The whole lineup sucked from top to bottom besides J.D and Porcello. Winning 5 in a row would of been nice but I'm just happy we are still in first. It comes down to KC and us and the Tigers have the veteran team. My bet is on the Tigers.

What was the reason that Porcello was removed? Was it just to bring in Nathan? I believe Porcello was under 100 pitches, is a ground ball pitcher and seemed to be cruising in the later innings. :dead:

:alien:

Edited by The Ronz

So had he walked 4 guys would it still be hard to pin it on him since no balls left the infield?

But he didn't walk four guys. If Carerra played the ball as a single, he got the groundball double play the next batter. The ball Hicks hit would have been an out 2B to if the runner was kept at 1B.

Carrera was as much to blame as Nathan, but he's a rookie. Nathan has to pick him up. I can't believe he's still the closer.

Are you ****ing drunk? Did you watch the same game?

I didn't care much for the walk. Hard to pin that on Carrera. They can both be released as far as I'm concerned. Just cut them, today. Improve the team.

Does anyone remember the Grinch movie with Jim Carrey? At one point the Mayor goes on a rant about how he was right and pounds his fists and yells, "INVITE THE GRINCH, DESTORY CHRISTMAS!"

I feel like that with this ball club right now.

Pitch Nathan, Ruin the ballgame!

But did anyone listen to me?

No.

You choose to listen to a little not-to-be-taken-seriously manager who hasn't even managed a full season yet.

Brad & Joe, I hope you're very proud of what you've done.