DaBishop

Billups retires

one of the best, if not the best ever, free agent signings in Detroit sports history. He, more than Ben, was the face of the team during that great run in my opinion.

Stand up guy. Once he stopped paying off women that accused him of rape.

That's your lasting thought of him eh? To each their own.

That's your lasting thought of him eh? To each their own.

I don't think you get to come back from that. It makes me puke when I read the comments on RealGM about what a great guy he is for the community and how classy he is.

I don't think you get to come back from that. It makes me puke when I read the comments on RealGM about what a great guy he is for the community and how classy he is.

Because he was accused of something? I'm not familiar with the case, so maybe its the OJ of rapes and I just don't know the details, but this seems very extreme to me. Athletes are so often extorted in this manner that I don't feel comfortable jumping to conclusions. Doesn't mean I won't listen to the evidence though either. I always thought Jameis and Big Ben were guilty, so its not like I give all athletes accused of rape a free pass or anything.

but if he is guilty, I agree that you don't get to come back from it. So were you not a fan of his while he was here, the first time?

Because he was accused of something? I'm not familiar with the case, so maybe its the OJ of rapes and I just don't know the details, but this seems very extreme to me. Athletes are so often extorted in this manner that I don't feel comfortable jumping to conclusions. Doesn't mean I won't listen to the evidence though either. I always thought Jameis and Big Ben were guilty, so its not like I give all athletes accused of rape a free pass or anything.

Herald/Globe: Walker To Stand Trial In Rape Suit

Mercer, Billups Settle Suit

but if he is guilty, I agree that you don't get to come back from it. So were you not a fan of his while he was here, the first time?

Never cared much for him or his game to be honest.

Fair enough if you never liked him.

Rape is terrible and if he did it, he's a terrible person, obviously. Its also a very he said she said crime, so I don't know what to make of the article.

Never cared much for him or his game to be honest.

Yeah, I hate players who can perform well enough to win Finals MVP, what a bummer for Pistons fans.

I don't mind if someone likes him as a player. I guarantee I have liked a player or two who has done some terrible things off the court.

Yeah, I hate players who can perform well enough to win Finals MVP, what a bummer for Pistons fans.

You have totally destroyed my opinion by pointing out he was good enough to win an award voted on by the media.

I never cared for Billups as a person. There was just something about him I didn't like. I actually didn't like any of the Pistons players personally. They were fun to watch play and Billups was the main reason for that.

Sounds like a lot of witnesses. Why were they never charged criminally? They had evidence that sure LOOKS like they did it. When a woman decides to take the money when the evidence is CLEARLY on their side as opposed to trying the criminal case always makes me wonder.

If she was raped it would not be that hard to prove in court with that many people involved. Especially a witness that was not involved.

It is often very hard to prove rape, especially someone who is likely to have excellent representation, and it is often very traumatic for the individual to recount details of the incident in court.

I generally don't draw anything out of a settlement other than it was agreeable enough deal for both sides to accept it and move on.